President Bush is now my hero, too!!

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by MAJ Badmotherfarker, Oct 21, 2008.

1. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

He just gave me a 3.5% pay raise for 2009! Guess he's not such a had guy after all.:bigthumbup:

Bush Signs Bill with Troops' Pay Raise
    Week of October 20, 2008

President Bush signed legislation allowing $612 billion in defense spending for the 2009 budget year, including a pay raise for troops. The legislation allows a supplement of nearly $70 billion for U.S. operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, and requires more information on contractors with projects in Iraq. It also paves the way for Bush's plan to build an anti-missile system in Eastern Europe, a proposal strongly opposed by Russia. Check out the 2009 Pay Chart here.

2. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Didn't you mean bad guy?

But that cool the troops are getting a pay raise.

3. starmate

starmate Member

It's just more money to tax you on.

4. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Yea, I'm quite depressed. Just doesn't pay to make more money with all these tax-and-spend liberals running around.:(

5. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Now that he's your boss, will you do what it takes to get ahead? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge?

6. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Obama will be my boss... and yes... grrr!!!! :Smiley_wink:

Oops, forgot about the "don't ask don't tell policy".

7. bsummers12

bsummers12 Member

Hey BMF,

I just read about the 3.9% pay increase in the OCT 20 issue of Army Times. Glad to see they are trying to keep up with the civilain sector of wages.

Did you also get a bonus for the Biochemist skill? Not sure what the MOS would be for that, but I'm just a dumbass SFC.

Hopefully Bush will pass this so it will be in effect with the complete increase this time unlike what he done this past Jan. holding back the .5% on us.

8. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I took out a cash advance too and gave myself a $1500 bonus.

9. ai4i

ai4i Member

We've heard that some of the local whores have raised their rates, too.

10. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

WOW! Good for you!!!!!!

3.5?! You must be excited.

:p

Oren

11. Manco

Manco Active Member

Hey 3.5% is better than anyone in my company. With the economy the way it is, there is a salary freeze to be cautious in the face of this downturn. So far our business is doing well, but you never know how long it's sustainable.

12. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Actually, I think Oren is right... it's 3.9%.