Possible Free Sirius With Old Xact Radio?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by tashamosaic, Apr 29, 2016.

1. tashamosaic

tashamosaic New Member

Hi, so, I have an old Sirius Xact portable radio that I had not used in quite a while, only to plug it in 12 months ago and I am getting many channels....I do know there was a Lifetime sub at one time, but I am sure that I did not sign up for that. Is this a fluke? Any thoughts? How can I find out. I am starting to get a lot of drops in signal and though I could try to swap it out if it DOES have the lifetime sub. Thanks

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Welcome to the forum. What you probably have is a cancelled radio which has not yet received its kill signal. It may also be active for a free preview (if you do not have all the channels). If you had acquired the radio from somebody, you would need their account information in order to transfer the radio (including them being charged the $75 + tax transfer fee). Lifetime subscriptions are not transferable between owners.

3. tashamosaic

tashamosaic New Member

Hmm, I probably have 80+ channels for over a year now. I bought it myself, that I do remember. I had not used it in probably 8 years.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

The channels have been re-organized several times. It is likely you may have only the untouched channels. It is unlikely to get a proper update given it is probably not being paid for.

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's possible that the radio didn't get the deactivation signal like IdRather said.
    Sometimes they can just keep on playing, and sometimes they can shut off when you least expect it.

If you call to check on your account status, it could increase the likelihood that they resend the kill signal if you don't have a lifetime. It's a crapshoot.

The rub is, if you have the lifetime, you're missing out on all the rest of the channels and the opportunity to upgrade to a better radio if your Xact is dying.

6. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

If you can log into your account, that should tell you. Being ten years ago, it's possible that you changed your email address from whatever is on their file.

Even though your account might be that old, I bet they still killed your free 32k streaming.

I was running a Stiletto radio for a bit after it failed to get the kill signal. Sometimes, when you would call to cancel, if you kept the radio off for a while, you could get free service on it for a while.

I'm just remembering... When Howard 100/101 were created, there was a major channel shuffle. Just out of curiosity, what does your radio display on those channels and what does it actually play? I'm wondering if you have a radio from before that update.

What about channel 12? 70-75? There was another update later on that showed info for Planet Jazz on one of those channels in the lower 70s, but actually played something else...or maybe it played Planet Jazz while showing other stuff. Online, it was something else.

7. tashamosaic

tashamosaic New Member

FYI, I have Howard on 100 and 101, but nothing on 12 or 70-75, at this point I am sure it is a radio that has not received the kill signal so transferring the account to a new radio would not work. I do not have an online account for this radio.

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

Does it show the alignment pre-merger? Is classic rewind on 15 or 25?

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

9. tashamosaic

tashamosaic New Member

15 is Pulse and 25 is Classic Rewind for what it is worth

10. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Try not to play it during Free Preview. It could get the kill signal at the end of it. Happened to a friend of mine.