Plaxico Burress

Discussion in 'NFL' started by AJ_II, Dec 3, 2008.

1. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Anyone else wish this story would just die? It's all ESPN can talk about. ENOUGH ALREADY!

2. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

I think its kind of odd that this is all over the place, and yet Marvin Harrison shot 2 people in his bar this summer and then tried to hide the guns and it got swept right under by the media. You would think a football player accidentally shooting himself wouldn't be a bigger story then a football player shooting two people in a bar he owns.

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

People around the office are talking about the Steelers and the Jets and The Patriots, etc. I hear no discussion about Plaxico. The East Coast media is determined to force feed us that story. Enough about Plaxico already!

4. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

MAD DOG has been talking about this alot also. I wonder if he has continued today?

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Yes this coverage is overkill. All they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot by over-covering it.

6. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

when did plax become such a distraction?

7. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

8. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

If you think this is overkill imagine if a Cowboy was involved.

I was unaware that Harrison was charged and or convicted of shooting anyone, please provide the link.

If he broke the law he should go to jail same with Antonio "No Snitch" Pierce.

9. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Regarding the Marvin Harrison case...

10. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

That idiot is facing a MANDATORY 3.5 years in prison.

11. goreds2

Cellmate with OJ?

12. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

or bam morris,nate newton,lawrence phillips,charles rogers ETC

13. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

hahahahhaha

14. goreds2

Plaxico Burress earns early release from prison

Plaxico Burress earns early release from prison

Plaxico Burress went from catching what was ultimately the game winning TD catch in one of the biggest Super Bowl upsets of all time to being sentenced to prison for shooting himself in the leg in a Manhattan nightclub the following November.

10 months later, in September of 2009, Burress began his two year prison sentence which cost him the majority of the new $35 million contract he signed with the New York Giants shortly before the now infamous nightclub incident. The New York Daily News has reported that Burress will shave 3 months off his sentence as he will be "conditionally released" on June 6th.

Burress requested and was denied early release and work release various times, but he is now eligible for conditional release after serving 6/7 of his sentence. Despite missing two full NFL seasons, his agent has indicated that at least two teams are interested in signing him for the upcoming season. Obviously, it's his agent, so you never really know how much truth lies within agent released statements, but I would bet that multiple teams are interested in Burress.

Even though he will be 34 years old and has missed 2 full seasons, he is still 6'5", 235 pounds and he can still make a huge difference in the NFL. While he will undoubtedly only obtain a short term (probably 1 year), heavily incentive laden contract, he will still have multiple teams from which to choose.

15. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I heard the Giants might take him back?