Picked up a new toy today. Sportster 5

Discussion in 'Sirius Plug and Plays' started by Snoozer, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Just got a Sportster 5 :bigthumbup:. So far I couldn't be happier with it. They were on sale at future shop. It's a HUGE upgrade from my stratus which had the screen crap out a couple months ago and you could now only see the artist and not the song. lots of nice new features I'll be playing with over the next few days. the S-seek feature looks cool but I could see it becoming annoying if you add too many artists to the memory.

Just thought I'd share.

2. MM

MM Administrator

Congrats on the new purchase.

Show us some pics of it in action.

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Hi Snoozer, I agree with you the artist seek. I always used the song seek, because when you start adding artist depending on which one, the beeps and interuptions are very annoying.

Glad to see some folks that have the Sportster 5 are happy. Did you do tha A La Carte package?

4. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

That's great. Mulit colored screen is intriging.

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Just to clarify, I got the Sportster 5 and Starmate 5 mixed up. It is the Starmate 5 that supports A La Carte programming, not the Sporster 5.

Are you happy with the color display? I didn't find it to be nearly as nice as the XM ExpressRC.

6. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the display and my vision isn't great and I can see it fine. I've just used it in the house so far though.
    As for subscriptions, I'm in Canada with a Canadian subscription so I don't have any choice in programming. :confused:

7. lronglien

lronglien Member

Sportster 5 compatibility

I picked up a Sportster 5 today and it fits into both my Delphi XM boombox and my XMAS 100 XM speaker system. It does power the unit up, but its just has a screen that says "SIRIUS CONNECT"--I wondered if these units could be or are compatible?

8. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

The s-seek feature is cool. My Starmate 4 can do 20 "spots." Each "spot" can be filled with a band or a song.

It's not real annoying. I'd imagine it would be annoying if AC/DC (for example) was a favorite artist and it was during the time of the AC/DC channel.

9. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

The s-seek feature is cool. My Starmate 4 can do 20 "spots." Each "spot" can be filled with a band or a song.

It's not real annoying. I'd imagine it would be annoying if AC/DC (for example) was a favorite artist and it was during the time of the AC/DC channel.