Pardon me, but do you have the time?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm curious as to how many of you are sporting wristwatches.

I haven't worn one in probably 15 years... and nowadays I just check my cell phone for the time. I'm guessing other people are doing the same as well.

Tonneau-Tourbillon-Style%20Automatic-Wristwatch.jpg

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I haven't worn a wristwatch since the band on my Chairman Mao's Mausoleum Special got all stretched out. I bought it for $12 at the exit from Mao's mausoleum in the mid 1990s. Now it's on eBay for $250.

small-P1010669.jpg

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, I haven't worn one since I got a cell phone, circa 1999. I tried recently when I was going to a wedding (because it looks fancy), but the batteries in both watches that I own were dead.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I'd where her wristwatch :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1cJBFanrik]YouTube - Tag Heuer Maria Sharapova 2008[/ame]

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I wear a cheapo digital watch to work (24-hour clock) because I do stuff that's time sensitive and always having a time piece on me or nearby is key.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I have a cheapy digital that I wear while in uniform. I wore it through basic and it smells like shit. I'm going to have to toss it at some point because the velcro is really starting to smell funky.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I have a cheapy digital that I wear while in uniform. I wore it through basic and it smells like shit. I'm going to have to toss it at some point because the velcro is really starting to smell funky.

I had the same issue with my last one and nothing seemed to help.

I opted for a plastic? band this time around.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

The BMF wallets is an unintentional added bonus. And I *totally* beat HecticArt to the punch on this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuDYbnXBJQ]YouTube - Pulp Fiction Captain Koons Christopher Walken Scene[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
What a timely post!!

Just about two weeks ago, I was going through my work bag and found my old Kenneth Cole watch that I had for years. The battery died YEARS ago and I hadn't worn it since.

Anyway, I was all dressed up for a big meeting and thought it would look nice so I threw it on to rock it for the meeting--dead battery and all. My meeting was at 9am so I set the watch for 9.12 so in case anybody saw it, it would look like the watch was still working. Hahahahhahaha.

Anyway, I liked wearing it so much I forked over the $12 and had the battery changed and I"ve been wearing it for work. It is soley a fashion accessory because I have a cell phone, an mp3 player and the SL2 has a clock on it so I am not short on time telling devices, I just like the way it looks. It looks polished when I'm all dressed up and makes me feel like a pimp. Also, since I have noticed MORE people don't wear watches anymore, I feel like it is kind of retro and makes me look cool.

Reactions: goreds2

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I have a really nice Movado, but I never wear it because the battery is always dead. The watch is only a couple of millimeters thick, so the battery has to be VERY thin, so it lasts 6 months tops. Then they charge ya about $100 to replace the friggin' battery!!

:mad:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
The Mao watch pictured above is self winding. No batteries. If I could find a replacement band for it I would wear it all the time.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've got a collection. 14 or 15 or something. They range from a $12 watch I bought off a guy in a square in Russia to a couple of decent ($800ish not stupidly expensive) Swiss watches.

I love em.

ha ha ha.. when I saw a video, I immediately assumed it was Hectic. :)

If I found the thread first you know I would have!
The only thing that goes up my arse is my own head!
:idunno:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have not worn a watch in at least 10 years. I use my cell phone, but then I have all my calendar events, birthdays, anniversaries and day to day appointments that help keep me organized.

I just see no reason for a watch these days.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I have a Breitling Chronomat and a Cartier Roadster that I alternate most of the time.

For working out or just hanging around, I have a Casio G-Shock. It's waterproof and sets itself to the atomic clock every night. I love that thing.

I have a few other watches (Mickey Mouse, Swatch, Citizen) that I occasionally wear, but most of those have dead batteries.