Outlaw Country

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by mynameisjamie, Oct 10, 2008.

1. SpaceKitty

SpaceKitty Member

I heard Janis Joplin on this channel a short while ago. I always considered her rock but then again, what do I know.

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

No, it is what do they at OUTLAWWW KUNNDRY knows. :(

3. goreds2

MOJO (4pm to 8pm DJ), was on vacation last week. Let's hope it continues!

:clap:

4. mccastle

mccastle Member

The best part about this channel is on Saturday nights Shooter Jennings has a 2 hour show that he plays a great eclectic mix of music. Then after that is Johnny Knoxville's show which is ok but after that is Robert Earle's show which is really interesting. Then after that is Marty Stewart's American Odyssey which focuses on a state and all of the musical artists from that state. It is a great 4-5 hours of good radio. That might be when Janis was heard. Especially during Shooter's show.

I prefer Mojo on the nascar channel

5. goreds2

MOJO is back this week. :(

6. Outlaw Country is also one of the main reasons I keep Sirius/XM. My only semi complaint is that I've noticed the country stations are having more talking lately. I just want the music. LOL.

7. satrad65

satrad65 Member

The more I listen to Outlaw Country, the more I like it.

8. goreds2

I have not listened for awhile but this morning Outlaw KUNNDRRYYY is actually living up to its name. I will give this channel another chance. I am liking it!

9. SpaceKitty

SpaceKitty Member

They get into periods where it just kicks ass and then sometimes it's stuff I could never like.

Right now, it's stuff I'm not liking.

10. goreds2

It seems like in the weee morning hours is when they play the better music relating to the channel name.

11. SpaceKitty

SpaceKitty Member

I used to be able to leave this channel on for hours and now i think it's a max of 20 minutes.

Earlier they played Lucinda Williams but it was mixed in with some other stuff that didn't fit well. The channel is all over the place.

12. goreds2

I might give this a listen:

9:00 PM–10:00 PM est. 10/11/09:

Outlaw Country
    XM 12

Rosanne Cash: "The List"

For her 12th studio album "The List", acclaimed singer/songwriter Rosanne Cash has covered 12 tunes that were included on a list of 100 essential country songs given to her in 1973 by her father, the late Johnny Cash. This exclusive one-hour special, hosted by Cash herself, will feature tracks from the album -- including duets with Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, and Jeff Tweedy of Wilco -- as well as some of her favorite versions of songs including on the album, by Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Ray Charles, and Peter, Paul & Mary.

13. goreds2

This was a very good show tonight. Afterward, I listened to the Cheap trick Live on Faction.

I then listened to Shooter Jennings host DJ on OUTLAW Country. He played good music relating to the channel which a lot of the other programming does not do on XM12.

Shooter Jennings
    Host
    Saturdays 6 pm – 8 pm ET Sundays 10 pm – Midnight ET

He is the son of legends Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter, and his debut album – released in 2005 – was called Put The “O†Back In Country... so the guy’s a natural to be DJing on Outlaw Country. His favorite thing about his radio gig? “No boundaries.†And he means it – you might hear anything from Gram Parsons to Jimi Hendrix during his shift. It’s country, but it ain’t pretty, and he doesn’t color between the lines.

14. goreds2

I have to admit that I tuned in briefly tonight and heard music that actually pertained to the channel name. :eek:

I enjoyed it.

Gov't Mule - Broke Down On The Brazos 1/14/2010 5:55:57 PM
    Georgia Satellites - Almost Saturday Night 1/14/2010 5:51:27 PM
    Reckless Kelly - Lonely All The Time 1/14/2010 5:47:27 PM
    No Fences - No Badges 1/14/2010 5:47:15 PM
    Fraternity Of Man - Don't Bogart Me 1/14/2010 5:44:13 PM
    Steve Earle - Oxycontin Blues 1/14/2010 5:41:22 PM
    Danny Barnes - Caveman 1/14/2010 5:38:24 PM

15. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

merle haggard concert to air live @ 10pm est

16. goreds2

Yep, I missed it. :mad:

17. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I miss the Border from back in 2004.

18. goreds2

I listened to this channel for about an hour yesterday. It has really improved since it came to XM via the merger. :buttrock: (November 2008)