Outlaw Country question...

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by Pink Willie, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Pink Willie

Pink Willie Member

Is Lucinda Williams an Outlaw?

Really?

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

No, she is not.

OUTLAW Country could be a great channel but is programmed very badly. (IMO)

3. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Isn't she more like an Alt-Country artists, someone you might have heard on the former XM 12 Alt. Country station. I think they are trying to make Outlaw Country too many things to too many people here. They are trying to make it both a station for the outlaws AND a replacement for XM 12 too. It can't be both and be either one very well. They are two very different formats. They really need two separate channels for them. But you know, bandwidth and all...

4. Bandwagon03

Bandwagon03 Well-Known Member

I have heard Lucinda on Outlaw Country before, they were really playing her new single "Real Love", probably about a month ago.

I'm a big Lucinda fan... :agree:

5. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

Maybe she is a new breed of Outlaw.

6. Pink Willie

Pink Willie Member

This info came from DogStar Radio.

Top 40 Artists Last
    Week on Channel 63

Rank Artist Spins

1 Steve Earle 48
    2 Dwight Yoakam 35
    3 Emmylou Harris 34
    3 Waylon Jennings 34
    5 Lucinda Williams 30

Someone at Sirius seems to think she is an Outlaw. I had no idea...:bs:

7. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Is Emmylou Harris an outlaw? I'm not sure about Dwight Yoakum being one, either.

8. scroat

scroat New Member

I heard Dolly Parton and .38 Special earleir today. Both are neither Outlaw nor Americana. I never heard Outlaw country before the merger but I LOVED X Country. For me Outlaw is terrible atleast 60% of the time. If I want to hear Classic Country I would listen to Roadhouse or Willie's Place. If I wanted to hear .38 special I would listen to Big Trackers er uh Classic rewind I guess. Please bring back X Country :(

9. goreds2

Sign the petition. Some say it will not help but it is worth a try. :bigthumbup:

Bring Back XM Radio's X-Country XM12 - Signatures

10. scroat

scroat New Member

been there done that ;)

but there is hope as I hear they plan to bring back the missing old school hip hop channel.

11. satrad65

satrad65 Member

X-Country played Lucinda, Emmylou and Dwight

12. goreds2

Outlaw Country

Did the program director call in sick today? I have listened off and on. It may finally somewhat be living up to it's name. Great tunes!!

:bow:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  13. SpaceKitty

SpaceKitty Member

They did. I never heard of Lucinda till I listened to X Country. Now I have all her CDs. She gets played on Outlaw Country thankfully. I just wish this channel could be a replacement for X County. I used to have the channel on for hours. Now, I listen for maybe 30 minutes at the most.