Other Talk Besides O&A, Howard etc.

Discussion in 'SiriusXM News & Talk' started by goreds2, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Manco

Manco Active Member

I always enjoy Jay Thomas when I catch him:

JAY THOMAS
    FRIDAY 7 AM ET (Howard 101)

Jay Thomas, Shuli and Madison bring you a live show on Friday mornings with guests and listener calls.

2. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

That lineup sounds like a horror show of wannabe shock jocks, although SJR might be interesting (if it's really awful, all the better).

I sort of do wish Sirius had some better on air personalities (not including Stern, of course, the reason I have Sirius). That being said, I'm not sure who I would want on the channels. There were some guys in Detroit, Deminski and Doyle and I guess they were canned from the then Stern channel which just changed into sports even though they had strong ratings. The might be good on SiriusXM.

3. Dan G

Dan G Member

I like World Soccer Daily on Sirius 125.

4. jwt0001

jwt0001 New Member

I used to listen to Bruce Williams A LONG time ago on terrestrial radio. His voice is not as strong as it used to be, but most of his advice is pretty good. Dave Ramsey is a favorite (except for the religious stuff, which he keeps to a minimum). I think every American should be required to take his Financial Peace University. We'd all be better off!

5. jwt0001

jwt0001 New Member

Tony Kornheiser

It will be interesting to see what happens after Monday Night Football. Tony's contract was not renewed with his last station and I'm wondering whether he might go SiriusXM only in the winter. I know some people can't stand him, but his show was appointment radio as far as I was concerned.

6. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Ratings come out for this show soon. The last book, they were number 1.

7. awfulwaffle

awfulwaffle Member

Covino and Rich show on Sirius Maxim 108. It's total guy talk. Sports, Sex, Music, Movies. Most of the time it's about how to get the women though. They put on a very entertaining show, always giving eachother shit. They always have Maxim Hotties on the show, as well as the cover girls consistently coming into the show. They get some really good guests. 3-7pm ET

8. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I'll never forgive Sirius for ditching Steph for that bore Mark Thompson.

9. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

That just proves there's no accounting for taste. :p

10. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

He still doing afternoons on Sirius Stars?

11. mercerboy

mercerboy Member

Glad to see a fellow dudebro chimed in here. I was about to post it myself...Definitely a must listen for guys!

- Greg Mercer

12. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

well alright then, there's at least 2 of us

13. zepped

zepped Member

For now.

A zealous Sirius.com web updater had Jay Thomas gone from the Sirius Stars schedule and Dr. Laura in his time slot for about 24 hours yesterday (it has since been corrected). People with the show say Jay will be on another station.

14. Hungrybologna

Hungrybologna New Member

No one mentioned Jason Ellis?

15. dart74

dart74 New Member

I listen the Ellis show everyday, he should be #1 funnier and more entertaining then Howard. i don't think any one else has put a cellphone up a girls butt and called it, and did the show from inside a girls a$$