Other Talk Besides O&A, Howard etc.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
I always enjoy Jay Thomas when I catch him:

JAY THOMAS
FRIDAY 7 AM ET (Howard 101)

Jay Thomas, Shuli and Madison bring you a live show on Friday mornings with guests and listener calls.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Talk / Entertainment (not Sports Talk) is the one area that XM kicks Sirius ass.

I so want to listen to Randi Rhodes, Laura Ingraham, and Glenn Beck. Hell Sally Jesse Raphael is better than Martha!

That lineup sounds like a horror show of wannabe shock jocks, although SJR might be interesting (if it's really awful, all the better).

I sort of do wish Sirius had some better on air personalities (not including Stern, of course, the reason I have Sirius). That being said, I'm not sure who I would want on the channels. There were some guys in Detroit, Deminski and Doyle and I guess they were canned from the then Stern channel which just changed into sports even though they had strong ratings. The might be good on SiriusXM.

jwt0001

Oct 27, 2008
Cleveland OH
I used to listen to Bruce Williams A LONG time ago on terrestrial radio. His voice is not as strong as it used to be, but most of his advice is pretty good. Dave Ramsey is a favorite (except for the religious stuff, which he keeps to a minimum). I think every American should be required to take his Financial Peace University. We'd all be better off!

jwt0001

Oct 27, 2008
Cleveland OH
Tony Kornheiser

It will be interesting to see what happens after Monday Night Football. Tony's contract was not renewed with his last station and I'm wondering whether he might go SiriusXM only in the winter. I know some people can't stand him, but his show was appointment radio as far as I was concerned.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I like the

Eddie and Tracy Show (Mon-Friday 3pm-6pm est. on XM173 / WLW) This sometimes can be a Phil Hendrie type show where they have a fake guest to get callers riled up.

Ratings come out for this show soon. The last book, they were number 1.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
Covino and Rich show on Sirius Maxim 108. It's total guy talk. Sports, Sex, Music, Movies. Most of the time it's about how to get the women though. They put on a very entertaining show, always giving eachother shit. They always have Maxim Hotties on the show, as well as the cover girls consistently coming into the show. They get some really good guests. 3-7pm ET

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Stephanie Miller has become my other appointment radio. I tend to only tape it and catch it maybe even days later.

Unfortunately, Miller is not original to Sirius and plays on progressive AM stations. They play only an hour (the last hour) of her show on Sirius Left. I think she is on mid-mornings in LA but the show runs at 8PM Eastern. The guy they had replace her is kind of lame. There was such a big uproar that they had to at least give listeners an hour. I really hope that she considers going exclusively to Sirius, but that seems kind of unlikely. Stephanie uncensored would be great!
I'll never forgive Sirius for ditching Steph for that bore Mark Thompson.

mercerboy

Nov 10, 2008
New Castle, PA
www.myspace.com
Covino and Rich show on Sirius Maxim 108. It's total guy talk. Sports, Sex, Music, Movies. Most of the time it's about how to get the women though. They put on a very entertaining show, always giving eachother shit. They always have Maxim Hotties on the show, as well as the cover girls consistently coming into the show. They get some really good guests. 3-7pm ET

Glad to see a fellow dudebro chimed in here. I was about to post it myself...Definitely a must listen for guys!

- Greg Mercer

zepped

Nov 2, 2008
He still doing afternoons on Sirius Stars?

For now.

A zealous Sirius.com web updater had Jay Thomas gone from the Sirius Stars schedule and Dr. Laura in his time slot for about 24 hours yesterday (it has since been corrected). People with the show say Jay will be on another station.

dart74

Nov 10, 2008
I listen the Ellis show everyday, he should be #1 funnier and more entertaining then Howard. i don't think any one else has put a cellphone up a girls butt and called it, and did the show from inside a girls a$$