Oops, They Did It Again!

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Music' started by kc1ih, Sep 1, 2017.

1. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

For the second time this year The Loft has been taken off the satellites temporarily in order that Road Trip Radio be run thru a holiday weekend. This time The Loft is continuing on-line, and will return to Channel 30 on Wednesday, Sept 6. Much outrage over this is being expressed on The Loft's Facebook page.

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Many weekends they preempt up to a half dozen channels - many of the ones my wife and I like in the car - for simultaneous live, unedited broadcasts from bonnaroo, lollapalooza, Coachella, etc. It's about 8 hours of crowd sounds, each weekend day, for 2 weekends at a time. This weekend, Lithium is playing only songs from 1997. Spectrum has Kick Out The Jams, Nordic Rox, Dave Marsh, any many other crappy programs that preempt what I'm paying for - music.

I just want to put on a channel and hear the music I expect. I don't know why people think the Loft is the only channel subjected to being preempted. The whole service is poorly managed. DJs like Richard Blade talk and talk after each song, and constantly promote other channels, sports, band tours, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Today he starred yelling about some special program crap going on in mid November!

Aaron likes this.