Ok, where are all the NASCAR fans?

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by semipenguin, Oct 14, 2008.

1. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Honestly I don't really get it either. Listening or watching left turn, left turn, left turn. WTF? I do like the crashes though, and I enjoy going out the local county dirt track racing, with cars that are actually stock, except the roll cage, body mods, and the gas tank and battery in the trunk. That's fun.

Then again, I like hockey, and a lot of people don't get that, and I like football, and some people don't get that. (how could anyone possibly not like football, boggles the mind!):eek: So to each his own.;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Theres a lot more to it than just turning left (though thats a big part:p ) Its one of those things you either get it or you don't. Unfortunately those who don’t get it usually like to bust balls about you liking it every chance they get.
    Of course this is coming from the Canadian who doesn’t like hockey! ;)

3. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I'm just hoping Tony Stewart can finish in the top 5. I think the next couple of years will be real hard on him and Ryan. Glad to see some Nascar fans over here. This is a great board.

4. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

You don't like hockey:eek: And you like South Park ,which takes any chance it gets to bust Canadian balls:eek: again! Man you're a freak! You seriously need to move to Western Virginia, where they love NASCAR and hate Canada!
    :jj::confused:

Damn Cunucks are up to something, aye?

Just playing, I like to bust Canadian balls too, and I LOVE South Park! And I'm a Southerner who loves hockey!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  5. rdhdtrue

rdhdtrue Member

I am not a fan of large crowds but LOVE listening to driver feeds on Sirius and watching the races on whatever station they deem (aggrevating) necessary :rolleyes: . You do not have to show up to show support.

6. Racehauler

Racehauler New Member

No more crap

I have now made this my new NASCAR SuriusXM forum, I am tired of reading posting by some people who obviously have not made it out of high school yet or have had a grudge against society and to expose his own ignorance to the masses tell the world volumes about his character. Enough said I am a NASCAR fan and work on the curcuit, so thank you for this alternative to express my views.:bigthumbup:

7. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

You work on the curcuit? If you can or don't mind, details please? ;) Inside views are always interesting.

8. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

It's cool this sub forum is hopping ;)

9. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

Its cool that you guys listened to us Tom when we asked for the sub folder and we appreciate that.

10. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I think for the most part ;) it's been a success. I'm really happy that Dave Moody and some other commentators are here as well.

11. I like the fact that we are not at each others throats, like what I saw on the old forum and that is why I never joined there. It was stressful reading the animosity between members. Some peeps needed a true "penalty box"!!

12. riskybzns

or a good ol fashion body check.

13. No taunting Goalies though!!!! Even though we sucked tonight!!!

14. riskybzns

i wouldn't know, to busy watchin college football tonight. as far as hockey goes, i want a team here in kansas city. traveling 3 hours to st. louis for a game just isn't worth it.

15. I can not get into College Football, I like regular football (Giants). I am a Hockey and Nascar person. Baseball is ok (hate both the Chokees and the Mets).

16. riskybzns

I'm more of a nascar person myself. have followed it since the mid 80's. i enjoy the nfl, but college ball is where its at. those guys have to work their asses off if they want to get noticed by the nfl scouts. used to be a big fan of baseball, but haven't followed it as much anymore.

17. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

NASCAR Fan!!

Hi All:
    I'm new to this so hopefully I won't mess up my very first response on a forum. (but with my luck, I probably will lol)
    I've only read posts on SBS then found the link that sent me over here, signed up and here I am!!!
    I listen to Sirius almost 24/7, (yes, you are correct, I have no life!!!)

I LOVE The Morning Drive with Mike and David. Trading Paint with Steve and Choc is great too. Dave, Susie and Craig you are awesome!!!!. I listen all day at work (ear buds are great!!!) I've learned so much about NASCAR, past and present, from listening to all of these great people. Keep up the great work and I look forward to learning more about NASCAR on this forum. Have a great day!!

18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Welcome, antsie...:)

Enjoy yourself and contribute as much as you'd like. It is required that you bust on the Jr. fans, though...:rolleyes:

;)

19. Bagman

Bagman Member

Well, if you learned anything from our show, clearly there has been a mistake. ;) LOL

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  20. mccastle

mccastle Member

I have always been a big fan of any kind of racing. But since I have started listening to different nascar podcasts such as the Rowdy podcast and all of the shows on sirius I have really now have a greater understanding for the art of racing. I can "see" when cars are loose or tight. I "see" how the cars draft and understand it. Plus when you understand the difference between how the cars are set up for different tracks it makes sense. Not only that know the history or legacy of each race team is really interesting. When I follow and support a sport I want to know everything about it.