Ok. I am banking we get some news Tuesday.

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Tgajr, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

Lets see what the day brings.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I am sure we will get some news too. Just nothing from Sirius XM. :)

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I hope it brings a line-up bail-out plan!

I tired of the man redistributing my channels.

4. lol

Im still gonna call it sirius ,cause thats who won! :)

5. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

I love all this fucking news

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

I didn't know Playboy Radio did news reports.

7. MichaelC

MichaelC Member

I'm thinking this channel changing and stuff is something they're not wanting to hype, or even publicize, too much. I get the feeling they're hoping when Wednesday rolls around not many people will notice anything, as if things are normal. Sure, they'll probably update the websites to coorespond with the names and channel numbers. But I think they'll approach this as subtle as possible.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  8. syphix

syphix Member

I'm curious as to if they'll "pre-announce" anything, too. But after talking with my wife, I take it this way:

HER: "Will 16 still be country?"

ME: "Yes."

HER: "Will 26 be current pop?"

ME: "For the most part, yes."

HER: "Then I'm fine."

MOST people, I think, won't notice much tomorrow...other than channel names/logos, channel moves. The channels removed, however you look at it, will affect the LEAST number of people, really. Will those people be pissed? Hell yes. And we'll hear it on here. But they really are in the minority when it comes to the "80's on 8", "Highway 16", "Top Tracks" and "Flight 26" crowds on the whole.

9. IdRatherBeSkiing

Sounds like you have been talking to my wife. She asked 2 questions: Will I have a US Country equivalent? Will I have an Old Time Radio channel? When I said yes and yes, she ceased to care.

10. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

I'm banking that we get nothing today.... the channels change overnight without announcement. And tomorrow morning the channel guides are outdated, yet to be changed..

After days, possibly weeks of confusion by those who don't read these forums, xmradio.com and sirius.com will be completely overhauled and up to date.

Or maybe we'll wake tomorrow and it will be done and current, but I doubt it.

11. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

Before the merger XM was trading at something like $12.00/share, Sirius about $1.20/share.
    Post merger SiriusXM trading AT $0.28/share. How did Sirius win? All Sirius did was take XM down with them.

12. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I think the news is that we'll all find out what's up when we turn our radios on tomorrow morning.

I don't expect to see too many dramatic changes on the Sirius side (a few new channel names and some DJ shuffles). This seems to be more of an XM event.

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

It this is a common lineup .... then I would expect a significant number of Sirius changes as well.

14. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I'm not so sure it's going to be a common lineup. I think a lot of channels will be duplicated across both platforms, but not necessarily in the same place.

15. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

It will not be a commonly numbered lineup but all 69 commerical free music channels will be duplicated.

17. jnj86

jnj86 New Member

I see that Liquid Metal is listed for heavy metal instead of Hard Attack. But, channel 27 (The Bridge) is noted "not currently available". That's Hard Attack's current channel number. So, are they keeping both metal stations?

18. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

I have no clue yet.

19. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

20. Road Hog

Road Hog Member

If that is the case then a channel like Disorder is about to be eliminated.

I find it hard to believe they are going to do that without any advance warning.

Listen to the DJs on Disorder today to see if there are any clues about it going away.