Octane is...Awesome! Post channel change.

christ93

Nov 14, 2008
Hello all,

XM'er here. Squizz listener in particular. Glad to see you like the new Octane. Bodhi has a lot more instore for us, I think.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
How the hell do you deal with Kayla? She makes me want to jam an icepick into my ears.

Madison on Alt-Nation is actually worse then Kayla. I know it's hard to believe but.. Indeed

They both even annoy me just looking at them

Kayla

Meand4Freddie.jpg

Madison with a perfect AH DER face

aas.sized.jpg

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
AGHHAAHHA I canceled Sirius years ago and just laughed my ass off.

One of old school Octanes most favorite songs to beat to death just came on.

POD - Southtown

Holy shit they still fucking play this song? Hilarious, this song is vintage Octane. I love the channel(Thanks to the squizz format) to death but just find this extremely funny.

christ93

Nov 14, 2008
Madison on Alt-Nation is actually worse then Kayla. I know it's hard to believe but.. Indeed

They both even annoy me just looking at them

Kayla

Meand4Freddie.jpg

Madison with a perfect AH DER face

aas.sized.jpg

I cant believe that she is more annoying than Kayla.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Kayla used to be okay for me, but only because I corresponded with her a few times a week through email in an effort to change Octane. She seemed eager to help. But, the last year or so, the leash must've been tightened, her last e-mail said she couldn't do anything and then she stopped responding. Since then her on-air persona also became a bit more annoying. Luckily, now with Bodhi running the show, things are looking up.

I wish they'd switch to live in-studio dj's like XM had. I'd like to call up and talk with them during their airtimes. I wonder if they will switch to this format (doubt it). Bodhi and Grant Random don't seem to be live anymore either. The squizz number goes to voicemail and I don't know their emails to ask. Any Squizz heads here can shed some light? I've been reading up on XMfan and can't find out for sure either.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Kayla used to be okay for me, but only because I corresponded with her a few times a week through email in an effort to change Octane. She seemed eager to help. But, the last year or so, the leash must've been tightened, her last e-mail said she couldn't do anything and then she stopped responding. Since then her on-air persona also became a bit more annoying. Luckily, now with Bodhi running the show, things are looking up.

I wish they'd switch to live in-studio dj's like XM had. I'd like to call up and talk with them during their airtimes. I wonder if they will switch to this format (doubt it). Bodhi and Grant Random don't seem to be live anymore either. The squizz number goes to voicemail and I don't know their emails to ask. Any Squizz heads here can shed some light? I've been reading up on XMfan and can't find out for sure either.

No idea here man, all I know is it's still nice to hear Grant. He rules without being over the top IN YOUR FACE ROCK DJ, and talking over song intros like the Sirius DJ's. <3 the Grant

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I agree, Grant seems pretty cool. And, he carries over a discussion over a the course of his alloted 'show' time, which is nice and gives a nice feeling of continuity. Sirius DJ's would often have a quick story or quip and drop it after the song. This feels a bit more like a Live show, so you can tell Him and Bodhi have done live shows before, even if it currently is recorded.

Enjoying the night time XM dj's on Octane. This is the most I've listened to Octane in 2 years. Only when I first got Sirius did I listen all night, before getting tired of the same stuff after about 2 months once the novelty of sat radio wore off. Keep it up, guys!

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
I agree, Grant seems pretty cool. And, he carries over a discussion over a the course of his alloted 'show' time, which is nice and gives a nice feeling of continuity. Sirius DJ's would often have a quick story or quip and drop it after the song. This feels a bit more like a Live show, so you can tell Him and Bodhi have done live shows before, even if it currently is recorded.

Enjoying the night time XM dj's on Octane. This is the most I've listened to Octane in 2 years. Only when I first got Sirius did I listen all night, before getting tired of the same stuff after about 2 months once the novelty of sat radio wore off. Keep it up, guys!

Glad to see someone who appreciates the XM DJ's. Most of them (on the rock side) really care about and enjoy the music they play and try NOT to advertise themselves so much as advertise the music and give you a little background.

I forget what moron I was listening to. Oh yeah, it was that homo Jose on XMLM, he was introducing a band and had to talk up about how he was just hanging with them the other day and how XMLM is the only metal station they listen to.

Seriously, that shit is mega gay, just stop already.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Jose is another guy I used to talk with often via email. He does have a passion for the music, unfortunately he has a very bad radio personality.

Obviously and I'm trying to be really opened minded w/ the Sirius DJ's. That's why I liked most of the XM DJ's. XM allowed them to just be themselves, tell some silly stories, talk about a band and spin some tunes all without being over the top and.... What is it I'm looking for... Commercial sounding? Forced? Over the top?

That's my biggest gripe w/ the Sirius DJ's. The only one who seems to have found the perfect balance is Covino. He's over the top at times, but comes off pretty honest and loves the music he plays.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Yeah, Covino is a cool guy. Have you listened to his Maxim show? It's alright. If your into talk radio. They talk about guy stuff and whatnot.

Listened to it? I BEAT JAY FOR THE YO-MOMMA CHAMPIONSHIP YEARS AGO ON THE COVINO AND RICH SHOW! (I used to be a heavy SBS guy)

35hlibt.jpg

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Haha, awesome. I had no idea. That's pretty awesome. Still a listener to it? I'm curious as to how they will handle doing only 3 hours come Monday..

Ah, we are straying from the topic here, in our own little conversation, haha.

christ93

Nov 14, 2008
Covino seems forced when he is on Octane. Also I think Grant is voice tracked for a short time. Some postings on his myspace make me think that. I have tried to call Bodhi but can get nothing but a busy signal.

mercerboy

Nov 10, 2008
New Castle, PA
www.myspace.com
Obviously and I'm trying to be really opened minded w/ the Sirius DJ's. That's why I liked most of the XM DJ's. XM allowed them to just be themselves, tell some silly stories, talk about a band and spin some tunes all without being over the top and.... What is it I'm looking for... Commercial sounding? Forced? Over the top?

That's my biggest gripe w/ the Sirius DJ's. The only one who seems to have found the perfect balance is Covino. He's over the top at times, but comes off pretty honest and loves the music he plays.

Covino is awesome...period. I know him on a personal level through his talk show on the former Maxim Radio station and correspond with him almost every day via texts. He is a big fan of music and is genuine on the air. I'm glad some XM listeners think he's all right.

He hates that he has to work the mornings now, but he's doing it. He loved the night-time gig. The other day he texted me asking how I liked the channel and the other DJ's. I told him that I thought the channel was better because of the bigger playlist. I also said that I got to listen to Grant and thought he was a knowledgeable DJ. I haven't heard Bodhi yet so I don't have an opinion. Since he's the one who now programs the station, I have nothing bad to say so far.

meldar_b

Nov 16, 2008
Martin, Ky
www.geocities.com
Octane is the only channel I can listen to for any length of time. so far the others have a shallow artist and song playlist, I sure hope SiriusXM fixes this :right:

can't wait for the Boneyard to come back :headbang:

meldar_b

Nov 16, 2008
Martin, Ky
www.geocities.com
Octane is the channel I can listen to for any length of time. so far the others have a shallow artist and song playlist, I sure hope SiriusXM fixes this :right:

can't wait for the Boneyard to come back :headbang:

DAMN!

this is just too ironic. . .

My date starting at this web site is 11-16-08, my start date with XM was 11-16-01 weird :shifty: