Now I'm listening for free

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by ProperModulation, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I was just looking at my account online and it looks like my lifetime sub officially paid for itself on 12/22/08 so now I'm listening for free!

:bigthumbup:

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Awesome. (What more is there to say?)

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Congrats!

The good thing for you now is that no matter how crappy the service gets that at least it isn't costing you anything! LOL

I know, I know, I need to try to keep my optimism!

4. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

I'm a few months behind you. It was a smart move to pick up the Lifetime, I don't know however if it's as smart now to buy one as it was back when we got it.

ProperModulation likes this.
  5. ProperModulation

Actually, that's what I was thinking as well... :)

6. ProperModulation

Yeah, I agree. I keep getting tempted with a Tivo lifetime sub but I haven't jumped on it for exactly that reason. It would have been great 3-4 years ago when I first signed up, but these days who knows what companies will be around in a year or two.

Learjet35A likes this.
  7. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I got a year and a half to go for mine. But from all of the functionality that I have been able to tap from my subscription, it has already paid off in my eyes. Besides, it's only $234 left to pay off. No big deal for all the great service I'm receiving. :cool:

As for getting the Best of XM add-on, it was $100 to add it to my lifetime but I had no interest in the programming it offered, but I figure it only added 5 months until it pays off, and that's what? $20? I also did it to receive new Best of XM content.

But it turns out that I do like 1 channel it offers, and that's XM Public Radio. I was just listening to Bob Edwards and he had an interview with Jerry Stiller and his wife and it was great. So at least I'm getting something out of the add-on. :)

8. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

When Best of XM was first offered for $150 I figured what the hell, pull the trigger. I bought it thinking maybe baseball will be offered next year but the good news was that SIRIUS never charged me for it after I gave them my credit card information :bigthumbup:

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Sweet and it does appear that maybe you will end up getting baseball!

10. hexagram

That's what I've been hearing from the inside. Then you got the MLB Home Plate channel on SIRIUS now.

11. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Congrats, but how many radios have you gotten threw on that lifetime sub?

12. ProperModulation

no kidding. i'm on my second radio for the lifetime sub (and I got lucky that they waived the swap fee). I've gone through probably 3-4 radios due to hardware failure on my other subs though. Not exactly high-quality equipment.

13. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

I'm probably on radio number seven with no "official" swaps thanks to the extended warantee from Best Buy.

14. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Congratulations, PM...:D

I bought a Sportster Replay from DAB back in Aug 2005 and bought a lifetime subscription when I activated it. I think it's almost payed for...:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well you old Sirius Dawg you still got my old Sporster Replay? You got your monies worth out of that thing didn't you?

16. ProperModulation

You know, that generation of radios seemed pretty bulletproof (other than the screen washout problems). You could cook eggs on them, but they were built solid!

17. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

That cool, but I would love to get the lifetime subscription, but I buy a new radio just about every year because I like some of the new features they have in it. So I know, I would go threw the limit of three of radios allowed on the lifetime sub thing.

18. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

Read my post a few up

19. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

So if I'm guessing right you buy a new radio on the extended warranty deal you have and that doesn't goes to the three limit swap deal on the lifetime sub?

20. hexagram

I haven't used a single swap on my lifetime sub and as I said I only have 18 months to go. Not too bad. :)

Once the new SIRIUS portable comes out, I will definitely get one with a Best Buy warranty. But that probably won't happen for another 6-9 months, so I'll continue to enjoy my Starmate 4 in the meantime.