November channel changes pushed back to Nov. 15-17

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by syphix, Oct 21, 2008.

1. syphix

syphix Member

Don't look for channel changes on Nov. 5th. According to Jack07 at XMFan (the guy who let it leak that the changes were coming in the first place), they simply don't have enough time to pull it off by Nov. 5th...so they've pushed it back to Nov. 15th-17th.

source

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

I suppose we can consider the delay "good news". I hope the channel changes will never happen, but I highly doubt that'll happen.

3. MikeV

MikeV Member

Heh... or maybe they're rethinking the changes a bit... realizing that they might've been a bit hasty in their actions...

4. Manco

Manco Active Member

How credible is Jack07 as a source?

5. Davis

Davis Member

Not as credible as he would be if his name was Jack007.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

He has 0 credibility except that he was first to put out the 11/05 which seems to have been correct (since it is still not 11/05 it could still be smoke + mirrors although layoffs etc. seem to confirm the date).

7. Manco

Manco Active Member

LOL

:jj:

8. SISO

SISO Member

I've got some news for them, they better let all of the subscribers know about this! I would send out a new channel guide in the mail if the changes are going to be huge. If they are to do this November 5th does sound a bit early, but even so they need to get their butts in gear!

9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

If so, could they thinking of new names for all the channels or debating channel allocation. Maybe need more time to merge music libraries if all the channels will be new.
    Anyways, I'd be happy with XM and Sirius as their current formats for an extra 12 days. Please Keep delaying the changes.

10. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

I agree. Big changes like this should require some kind of mass mailing to let their subs know. Not everyone reads Orbitcast or Digital Radio Central. Some people might be in for a rude awakening, and might not take it well.

11. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

12. MM

MM Administrator

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well, you can tell that Sirius is now in charge. Not that they had ever officially announced this change or any dates. But I don't recall very many dates set that they have met over the years. To slow down might be a good decision, I mean the staff that were managing these channels are gone so they are saving that money. Another couple of weeks playing rehased playlist won't much matter.