No Premium Internet on SL100...

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by syphix, Dec 29, 2008.

1. syphix

syphix Member

I can't seem to get any help from SIRIUS on this...my SL100 always streams the 32k internet stream instead of the 128k, even though I subscribe to the Internet Plus. I don't know what to do to get it to work, as no one at SIRIUS seems able to solve this (I've sent an email to Jon Zelllner on the XM side, and he's try to track down some tech guy to help me). I've had every answer/troubleshoot: "reset and erase", device recovery, unsubscribe/subscribe, etc. I can stream the premium stream on a web browser, even on StarPlayr...just not on my SL100.

Any ideas??

2. Gary1

Gary1 New Member

Do you have more than radio? If you do, the problem could be that the premium feed is being directed to the wrong radio. You have to make sure that the Stilleto is receiving the premium feed. If you only have radio, then I don't know why they can't fix the problem.

3. syphix

syphix Member

No other radios on the account. I just decided to disconnect it and go back to my XM Inno (wife has XM in her car anyhow)...

4. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

Customer service error. They can fix it.

5. syphix

syphix Member

I went through 12 (yes, TWELVE) different CSR's, escalating all the way up to the highest they would offer. No one could fix it, it seemed.

I have (er...HAD) both SIRIUS and XM...don't really need both, and was trying to decide on which to keep: my Stiletto or my Inno. XM has more channels/sports (with the Best of SIRIUS); SIRIUS had more features on the radio (with wifi, pause/rewind, etc.). Not getting to "love" songs, premium internet, etc., it made the choice for me. Plus, the Stiletto was having "acquiring signal" issues in the car dock (only on XM channels, though...), and likely would've required a new dock. Not something I was wanting to purchase right now, especially since I have a fully working XM radio, too.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

We've seen this before, in fact I was one of the initial folks when the Premium Internet was released that went through this. It took them forever and like you I must have talked to a dozen different reps. However, I did have an inside contact within Zing and it was they who finally got it fixed for me. Not sure what they did, but since they are the ones that provide the wifi software and the servers on their end. They did have to speak to someone at Sirius, but whatever needed to be fixed finally got fixed.

Look I even tried swapping tuners thinking it was my tuner. Rich is right it is a customer service error, but one that doesn't seem to be readily fixed.

7. syphix

syphix Member

DAB: I must have tried a device recovery 3-4 times...and they still wanted me to try it again. That seemed like their only solution. I found their customer service reps COMPLETELY inept at being able to solve this problem, and seemed to know nothing of the problems others are experiencing here (i.e., no "love", no radio replays on the "XM channels", etc.). My wife has XM in her car, so it's actually cheaper to stay with XM...for now.

8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Oh Yeah, I forgot about all those device recoveries I did. No, those won't fix it it has nothing to do with the device itself. This is a configuration issue on their end and it takes someone with some sense to know what to do to fix it. Like you said it won't be one of these clowns that work in CS.

I made the move over to just XM when the channels merged. I did it the first day after the change in fact.

The thing is the Wifi is great and when it works it really is wonderful having it. That is the only thing I sort of miss.

9. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Fwiw

Syphix, I recently got a lot of my problems cleaned up by the (CS) "Customer Satisfaction" department. After getting enough dissatisfaction from the usual CSR's I explained my complex issues and they forwarded my call (fifteen minute wait) to CS and she spoke perfect english slowly and took her time and solved all my problems.

10. vinnlandia

vinnlandia New Member

I called in to upgrade to premium internet on my 100 and then waited. Rebooted. Nothing.

Called in again and the lady I spoke with said "no, you don't have premium internet. would you like it?"

The first person I spoke with indeed told me she had added it. Nope.

But, it works now, and obviously makes a huge difference in the sound quality.

EDIT: Now the weak point in my listening experience is my headphones. In need of a serious upgrade.

I would also say that we need another antenna option.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  11. monty

monty Member

I think the SL2 Headphones/antenna will work on the SL100. Take a look at SIRIUS Radio, SIRIUS antennas, SIRIUS accessories | TSS-Radio

12. syphix

syphix Member

Unknown to me, SIRIUS sent me out a replacement SL100. I subscribed it, creating a BRAND NEW account, and I still can't get Internet Premium on it...

I'm doing a device recovery, but something tells me there's serious (SIRIUS?) problems in their activation and the Internet Premium account setups. This is a brand new (refurbished) radio on my account, and I can't get the premium stream to work...

13. syphix

syphix Member

HOLY SHIT!!! IT WORKS!!!

I'm back to loving my (new) SL100!!

14. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Is the improved quality of sound noticeable, just askin' since I use the 32k stream once in a great while.

15. syphix

syphix Member

The 128k stream is WELL worth the $2.99 for the increased sound quality...especially when listening via headphones. I think it's a must for any SL100/S2 user.

16. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, I imagine it affects the quality of your recordings as well. I'm waiting to see if stiletto users will be able to wifi the 32k stream after 3-11-2009.

17. syphix

syphix Member

Can't record on the Stiletto when listening via wifi, sorry.