NFL Network, Do you get it?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by blyons200, Nov 6, 2008.

?

Do you get the NFL Nework?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Only if I pay for it

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. The hell with the NFL Network

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I get it since I have Directv, so I will be watching the Browns/Broncos game tonight. Thank God the NFL Network fired Bryant Gumble and Bob Papa is going to be the play by play man this year. It does suck that most don't get the NFL network. This needs fixed. I won't get it next week since I will be on the road.

TX WJ likes this.
  2. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

DirecTv rules!

TX WJ likes this.
  3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

My cable company has not paid up for it. I understand they offered the NFL the option to place it on the "sports tier" with a few other channels for $4.95 per month, but the NFL declined saying they wanted carriage on family cable/expanded basic (one level above broadcast basic). Typical standoff between corporations where the subscriber get screwed in the end. People willing to pay should be able to get it...

4. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Used to get it, but not anymore. It's a really good channel if you're a huge NFL fan. Rich Eisen is great.

5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I love the NFL but I wouldn't pay extra to get the NFL Network.

6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

My local cable company has the NFL Network, but my cable bill is high enough. So I don't subscribe to it.

7. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I do not have it so if there is a game on that network I want to watch (not tonight's), I will go to a bar, darn it! ;)

8. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

no, no deal with the cablevision clan

9. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

I pay $5.00 per month to Comcast for the Sports Tier which includes NFL Network. I just got a flier in the mail yesterday for Verizon FiOS. They offer NFL Network as part of their standard TV package. I am open to suggestions to make the switch.

10. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

Bryant Gumbel sucks!

11. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I have Directv so I get it. Unless you have Fios I can't see what anyone that can get Directv stays with cable, but hey it's your money.

Love my NFL Ticket.

HarleyJoel likes this.
  12. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

I agree 100%

13. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

Been a DirecTV customer for quite a while now. I love it.

14. gntman

gntman New Member

FIOS is outstanding picture quality and channel selection. They provide NFL Network and ESPNU which is not available many other places, plus you get access to the ESPN360 broadcasted games over the internet (as a Verizon Internet subscriber)

15. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I'm OK without the NFL Network. It would be nice to have, but I can get my football fix elsewhere. And, when the Thursday night game is an in-market team (Giants or Jets), a local television station carries the NFL Network feed of the game. The Jets/Pats game on this Thursday will be on WPIX/11 here in NY.

16. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

and what is he always scribbling down on Real Sports just before he engages the correspondents after each story? very scholarly

17. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Wish I had NFL Network for tonight. Good game on between the Pats and Jets...for first place in the AFC East.

[​IMG]

18. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Got it-direct tv.