New XM Sub question

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by mrpacs, Nov 23, 2008.

1. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

My wife's new Honda Pilot includes a nice built In XM Radio. We're going to buy a 3 year XM Sub for it, (the length of her lease), and would like to add the Best of Sirius to the Sub. If we pre-pay 3 years for the XM Sub, how is The Best Of Sirius handled? Is that done month to month? Or, if can we also purchase that for 3 years upfront and hopefully get a discount.
    Thanks!

2. aren't you brave with a 3 year commitment. Sometime we regret out past decisions.

3. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Not sure, call 1800 XM Radio to be sure.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

If you are considering a 3 year sub ($349), add $50 and make it a lifetime ($399). With BoS, its $499.

5. That is a awfully big commitment considering the situation this company is in right now. Buying a lifetime at this time. Would you expect a partial refund if they go under ? Just make a logical decision that's all I am saying. If you think the company has a bright future then go for it. Maybe you should give it a year only commitment to see how things pan out.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

I was not advocating it one way or another. However, if they were going to go for a 3 year plan anyways, lifetime makes sense.

7. downsj

downsj Member

Yeah, I would in no way sub for longer than a year at this point. That still gives you a pretty nice discount.

8. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

good replies all, thanks. I'll probably end up going for the 1 year and see how things are then.

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah that is more reasonable given the way everything is playing right now. However, I am doing quarterly now and I usually always did yearly subs.

Your wife will enjoy the built in XM Radio, I know the one in my xB is really nice. I actually canceled it recently, but I am already wishing I had not. It has not been turned off yet, so I may just call them and recend that cancelation.

10. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

She (and I ) are loving the built in receiver.

11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Does it have a good display for showing the sat radio info?

Here is a shot of mine;

[​IMG]

12. Is that the standard stereo that came with the xB, or the upgraded stereo ? I test drove a Xd, and ended up ordering one later. The salesman, and I talked about both Slacker, and sat radio. He never even mentioned anything about asking me if I wanted sat radio in the car. Isn't it available with Scion ? Eventually I said that I disliked the service, but prior to that he never tried selling me on it. Maybe that is just part of the no pressure sales style of Scion.

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

That is the premium stereo which was released for the 2008 model year, though I think it is the same for the 2009 model. I was able to upgrade my 2006 radio to this model. Bought it off Ebay for a few bucks and could not be happier. I already had the xm sat radio option, so for me it was just basically doing a swap out.

Since you don't care for sat radio I think the slacker service via the aux-input would serve you best.

out of control likes this.
  14. Thanks. I agree. Sat never crossed my mind. Was just curious.

15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

When you get your new ride, you need to give us a review!

16. OK. I'll post something in the lounge in a few weeks.

17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

They must have just started offering they lifetime sub on the XM side because I didn't see it when I went to reactivate my Roady2 on the 4th...:right:

That's what I got. Three year sub for XM and BOS...:)

Maybe I can change it over like they do on the Sirius Side...:D

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

Its in the last couple of weeks. They will pro-rate your unused sub toward it so you would only pay a bit more. Same restrictions as Sirius with regards to transfers, etc.

semipenguin likes this.
  19. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I figured they would. I'll give them a call after payday. Thanks!...:D

20. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I signed up for a year of XM and BOS. What channels can the BOS shows be found on XM?