New SIRIUS XM Call Centers

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Yes, and the weird thing I heard about it was that's where the French speaking reps worked. So if someone needed to speak in French to SIRIUS they would have the call be taken from Texas. No joke.

They hired all the Katrina Cajun refugees from New Orleans.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I heard there are two new call centers for SIRIUS XM.
-Haiti
-Greenland

The other ones I'm aware of are Dominican Republic, Nova Scotia, Texas, Iowa, and Upstate NY.
Does anyone know of others.

Maybe the call center reps will find this place :D

Are these replacing existing Sirius or XM call centres? It would seem to me with all these "synergies" there should be fewer overall call centres not more.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Are these replacing existing Sirius or XM call centres? It would seem to me with all these "synergies" there should be fewer overall call centres not more.

Maybe they are moving some around. TSS-Radio gets a ton of hits from areas where the call centers are. Let me look at the google analytics.

My Dominican friend Pedro, tells me that Haitians are far cheaper to employ than Dominicans so who knows if they are just moving them around.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well it would make sense that they start combining these call centers to handle both XM and SIRIUS rather than keeping them separate.

They have to start pulling things together in order to get the benefits of these synergies.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
With the USA in the economic crapper, Maybe Sirius XM should give these jobs to those US workers. Open a call center in mid-west where I'm sure some factory has just fired a thousand or so workers. It seems that someone could set up a phone bank a bunch of computers and after a day or two of training they could be better than these offshore workers.

Maybe let the goverment spend a few million of the hundreds of billions that they are giving away to set up things like this.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
There you go Mike, using your head again. You know good judgment, and common sense are frowned upon these days. Especially by the government.

Yes, a perfect job for the 1600 workers GM will be laying off in Michigan. Let the USA invest in the CAR industry. I'm sure all the GM workers drive GM cars. All have XM and know the product. The average UAW worker probably makes with benifits 50K a year, Even if the USA pays for their first year of salary thats only 80 Million. Now that would be a Bailout. It would help the industry, give people jobs.

It might even makeup for the USA's Screwup on the time it took for the merger decision and show the USA it belives in Sat Radio. With this in mind the Sirius/XM stock would rise.

Seeding the country with jobs like this is key. How many call centers could be setup. Take back all those jobs we sent to India.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
My customer Service Expierience

I hope... my limited experience with them hasn't quite been as bad as dealing with the phone company... but almost.

I have only had to call them once (a MSS problem), a nice lady but did not have any technical expierience, just a notebook of canned answers. Felt really bad for her. I guess there's no way but up from there.

thegame310

Oct 13, 2008
I'm personally surprised Sirius XM havent gone through the work at home model yet for call centers. That way they can get American reps at out sourcing prices.