New Online Player Released

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by Satradiodude, May 6, 2018.

1. Satradiodude

Satradiodude Active Member

There is a new user interface on-line player released- It includes the Video for Howard Stern for those that have the channels as part of there package. Just getting used to the new interface- but notice no option for the MYSXM feature, so please submit a feedback to the webmaster/programming to voice your opinion.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Coming to mobile??

3. Satradiodude

I heard that IOS was released, so Android should follow soon as well.

kryptonite likes this.
  4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Cool.
    I'll have to check it out.

5. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

Supposedly they're working on a new MYSXM type feature that'll be out in the next few months.

HecticArt likes this.
  6. Satradiodude

That is the response I got as well. They also need to disable the recommendations capability or be able to change the settings. Also if the MYSXM portion was not ready than they should of held off releasing this newer version, Sometimes the thought process from management in not just SiriusXM but other companies perplexes me on their decisions.

7. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

The Android app is out now btw.

Aaron likes this.
  8. Satradiodude

If you want to keep the MYSXM functionality till the new version comes out in a few months, stay on the current Android version :) , The Soundstation (TTR2) Still has not had the update also yet.

9. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I got the update for iOS. I'm still getting used to it, but it's a nice looking update.

10. kryptonite

I was wondering what happened to that MySXM.

It's a bummer it wasn't included, especially since it's a previous feature.

11. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I'm trying it now. So far, it looks good: nicer looking channel icons, and better controls.

12. kryptonite

One thing I'd do on occasion would be to close the old app and it would start back up where it left off. I could then skip commercials (as I'd be behind) just by pressing the "forward" button. So far, the only "forward" button I can find changes channels.

I could also bring the...menu(?) down by dragging down. I'd see the "x" to close the app. Now, when I drag down, there's no way to close the app.

Naturally, Marianne from Brooklyn is screaming about it, but I'm not entirely sold. It's missing a few key features in exchange for what was previously on YouTube.

13. scotchandcigar

I've already had issues with the app. BTW, near the top is a left and right arrow to go up/down a channel. But below the channel display is a full play/pause/rewind/ff control.

Anyway, I paused the player, and when I came beck later, I was able to resume play. But then I wanted to skip forward, and the whole thing locked-up. That's when I discovered (as you did) there's no exit! I read the FAQs, and it gives you some bullshit about how it's supposed to just stay in the background forever. WTF?

First of all, I had to go into the app manager and force-close. But aside from that, I need to exit the app when I'm done - there's no way I'm leaving it in the background, with the icon permanently on my notification bar. Who the hell would leave it running? I use the phone to navigate, look at traffic, text, surf the internet, send emails, play games, take pictures, and occasionally talk on the phone. Why would I do all that with the SXM app still running and showing on the bar? Major fail.

14. kryptonite

In Android, at least on mine, there's a stop button on the bottom right. I can press it to see all previously-used apps. I can then close the app via that method.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  15. scotchandcigar

Actually, that's a good point. There's a button to see all the apps, and I can close all, or close any one. I usually only use that either to clean-up, or jump between apps. But it would work here, where the SXM app doesn't have an exit anymore.