New Firmware 1.9.16 has been released for G2 (12/26/08)

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by DAB, Dec 27, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

It appears a new update has been made available to address the issue mentioned below.

2. JMII

JMII Member

Thanks for the info. I noticed the same thing with my G2 the other day (getting stuck after pausing) but figured it was due to the battery being low. Its all charged up and DLed the new firmware so we'll see how it goes today.

3. Well I have not experienced this bug that folks were referring to. So I'm not in any rush to update. Luckily I did a refresh right before the release. So I'd just rather wait, and be sure the update is cool before I download it on my player. I'd assume skip this update, but obviously I don't have a choice. Anyway I've been cool with the Dec 23rd release, and I have been doing the pause thing a lot.

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I see no reason whatsoever to skip the update! It has worked just fine! I think it is smart that they don't allow end users to make that choice, because that makes their lives in providing support much easier.

5. I'll get around to it. I'll be refreshing fairly soon. I can delay, but not avoid. Looks like the update is smooth anyway.

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah, no problems to report at all. It does fix the issue where the device shuts off randomly when just paused. I was having that issue daily with 14. I had got to where instead of just letting it go into paused/standby I was shutting it down because I found it would come back on quicker that way. Good that they addressed this so quickly!