New Channel Line Up

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
All interesting stuff, I am almost excited to see what they've come up with. Though my excitement might just be short lived.

Yeah, I'm excited too, kind of like the early days where we anticipated every programming change, and it was almost always for the better from a Macro point of view. I'll never forget when the Vortex was axed though, the vocal following that channel had. I suppose we can expect a lot of activity here once the switch happens.

The music channels I care about the most are:
Spirit 66
Starlight 2
Classic Rewind 15
The Pulse 9
Spa 73

I wouldn't want much change to those, although I could see Classic Rewind keeping it's identity but maybe go deeper.

The decades channels they can mess with and they would still probably be good.

Anyway, I hope there will be something there for everyone without ticking off too many people. There's an argument that could be made that things could improve for those channeles and genres they choose to keep. But if they reduce the total number of music channels, then there will be no way to keep everyone happy since someones favorite channel will get the axe.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The music channels I care about the most are:
Spirit 66
Starlight 2
Classic Rewind 15
The Pulse 9
Spa 73

Reading on some other forums (which will remain nameless) they are saying the Messenger will continue, but have fired all the staff, so does this mean Spirit is simply being renamed, because XM already has a channel named Spirit (which is the same as Praise) on Sirius?

The Pulse we know at this point seems safe. In regards to the others, I've not really heard anything specific.

Sirius could do away with all this speculation by just doing a freaking announcement.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Definitive confirmation of the Nov. 12th date, and maybe a sign/confirmation of Radio Margaritaville coming to XM?

ME: While I disagree with that decision (and wholeheartedly believe that paying customers/subscribers should be let know in ADVANCE of channel changes/cancellations. XM had had a history of at least letting us know when and where channels were moving), I respect the fact that you at least responded. Your days must be busy lately, and I thank you for taking time to reply.

Here's another question: is SIRIUS' Radio Margaritaville coming to XM? (please say yes...please say yes...)

JON ZELLNER: Nathan -

You'll get everything next Wednesday and you'll be very happy.

Best,

Jon
(emphasis added by me)

Is that a "yes"??

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
ZOMG HE SAID WE'LL GET EVERYTHING!!!!111oneonesix
;)
But really. it's exciting, the wait and all for the announcement/channel change, but I would like a real official update sooner rather than later. The suspense is killing me.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
ZOMG HE SAID WE'LL GET EVERYTHING!!!!111oneonesix
;)
But really. it's exciting, the wait and all for the announcement/channel change, but I would like a real official update sooner rather than later. The suspense is killing me.

And it is so damn frustrating to wonder what the hell is going on with this. Sirius's PR has done a bad thing I think by making us wait until next Wednesday for this.

ibster

Nov 1, 2008
Calgary, AB
Last night, I watched a week old recorded episode of C.A, which is shown on Radio-Canada (french CBC). During the show, there was a commerical for Sirius and they showed the date November 19. Unfortunately, I don't speak or read french very well so I have no idea what they were talking about. :(

The show is broadcast on Thursdays at 9:30pm MST if any french speakers want to see if that commercial is shown again and can translate.