Nevermind Radio taking over Lithium 34

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
SiriusXM celebrates the 20th anniversary of Nirvana’s classic ‘90s album Nevermind with Nevermind Radio. The limited-engagement channel features music from Nirvana’s entire career, including the group’s three albums, B-sides, rarities and live performances, as well as special guests sharing their thoughts on the band and its influence.

The Daily Show's Jon Stewart will host a rare Q&A with original bandmembers Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, as well as the Nevermind’s producer Butch Vig, in front of a studio audience at the SiriusXM Studios, which will air live Saturday, September 24 at 8 pm ET. Nevermind Radiowill run Friday, September 23 at 3 pm ET through Wednesday, September 28 at 12 am ET on Lithium, Ch. 34.

http://www.siriusxm.com/lithium

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Can't they overlay Pearl Jam Radio for that time?

Maybe radio de Montreal Canadiens can overlay Maple Leaf Radio?

LOL! It's not *quite* like that, but it's still a no. It's only for a few days, so by the time you notice it, it'll be gone.

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
Seems like it's live tonight. Jon Stewart is interviewing the two living members and Butch Vig.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I missed the "town hall." I hope they play it again.

My wife and I have really been enjoying this NEVERMIND weekend on LIthum. Nice to finally get an artist only weekend that I actually care about.

Good job SiriusXM.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
The town hall was really good. Stewart was funny, and the guys seemed to enjoy it. Had the girlfriend laughing :bigthumbup:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I think you should get off her first. . . . . .

Just a thought.
Get off her, new wave style?

The other issue with this? When it ends, they'll put away all the live stuff, all the demos, all the rarities, all the b sides, and go back to the same 4-7 Nirvana songs that Lithium regularly plays. :( :(

Last edited:

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
This has been pissing me off since Friday. Kurt Cobain was a "0" who stayed baked all the time and ended up blowing his cookies off of his shoulders and all the fellow chemically dependant individuals idolized him because he made one good song. I personally cant wait until this disaster is done with, and think some other single aritst channel could have been interruppted for this nonsense instead of a decent channel.