Netflix

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I know we have the 2018 Movies and TV Shows thread but seems it mainly dedicated to movie talk. Some of use enjoy Netflix and would make sense to post there, but they will get lost in the mix as time moves on. So why not dedicate this thread only to Netflix, where we can suggest, talk about movies and tv shows. If you were like Koop and I, discussing about Black Mirror we dedicate an entity separate thread to that entire show.

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
There a few shows on my watchlist, I plan on watching soon on Netflix.

Ozark
Van Helsng
Mindhunter
Dark
Sense 8
Narcos
House of Cards

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I just saw this one preview which comes out on Feb 2nd called Altered Carbon, looks interesting.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

Now there is a show I could get into. I love sci fi stuff but stayed away because the Wachowskis made a bunch of stinkers following The Matrix. This could be cool though.

Reactions: Wolf

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
enough people complain and they will probably have a 2-hour special.

They did the same thing with that gay show on HBO I watched. I like when the fans make a big enough stink to get a proper finale, even if it is only 1 more episode. I wish they did that with Deadwood.

Hey, Deadwood! That's a good show for watching together. Only like 2 maybe 3, shorter seasons and I haven't seen it in at least a couple years.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Also, maybe this thread should include Amazon Prime original content too. While still playing catch up to Netflix, they do make some pretty good TV and movies.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Also, maybe this thread should include Amazon Prime original content too. While still playing catch up to Netflix, they do make some pretty good TV and movies.

If it included Amazon Prime original content, then the thread needs to be renamed. But I thought you have your own Amazon thread. All Things Amazon

Also, I'm not an Amazon Prime member and many people have suggested to become one. One day, I will give them a shot and plus I already pay enough for certain expenses. I do know they have a monthly fee.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
These are the shows, I enjoy watching on Netflix.

Beast Master
Bill Nye Saves The World
Black Mirror
Daredevil
Fuller House
Glow
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Orange In The New Black
Stranger Things
The Defenders
The Punisher
Voltron Legendary Defender

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm watching Dark on Netflix, currently 2 out of 10 episodes into it. The show is a bit interesting, it's a crime, mystery show with German language with English voiceover. It has a little bit of Stranger Things feel to it.

'Dark' is the best new Netflix crime show you're not watching

Netflix’s Dark is hard to watch, and impossible to stop watching

I can't do dubbed and I have to really be into a show to watch it subtitled cause usually I like to mess around doing other stuff while watching at home.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I can't do dubbed and I have to really be into a show to watch it subtitled cause usually I like to mess around doing other stuff while watching at home.

The whole series isn't subtitled. I guess what I mean by voiceover is you can hear our English language on their lips as lip singing or other terms. Like those old Godzilla movies, when they clearly speak Japanese but you hear English coming out.

There are some subtitles in the series, there is a deaf girl and you can read some things in German. But they explain it in English.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The whole series isn't subtitled. I guess what I mean by voiceover is you can hear our English language on their lips as lip singing or other terms. Like those old Godzilla movies, when they clearly speak Japanese but you hear English coming out.

There are some subtitles in the series, there is a deaf girl and you can read some things in German. But they explain it in English.

The show was filmed with the actors speaking German right? And then dubbed into English for the USA audience. But Netflix also offers the original German speech with English subtitles.

I don't like watching dubbed shows...like the old Godzilla movies. I don't mind subtitles in movies but need to really want to watch it if I am committing to a whole TV series worth of subtitles.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The show was filmed with the actors speaking German right? And then dubbed into English for the USA audience. But Netflix also offers the original German speech with English subtitles.

I don't like watching dubbed shows...like the old Godzilla movies. I don't mind subtitles in movies but need to really want to watch it if I am committing to a whole TV series worth of subtitles.

I guess I'm not familiar with the term dubbed. But now you explain it and you are correct. But I'm almost done with episode 4 and will watch one more today. Because the WWE Royal Rumble is on tonight.

The series is interesting, some kids get kidnap and then later found dead. When people recover their bodies, the eyes are burned. There some dark mysterious cave that possibly leads to a nuclear power plant and one kid gets time jump into 1968, but they show is set in 2019. They mention the past is linked to the present which has to do with some kind of supernatural thing, which birds drop dead out of the sky and whole bunch of sheep are found dead? It kinda hard to watch, and impossible to stop watching. It's German version of Stranger Things.

33ed5cd2034c9300fa77bd861253f31d23592304_imagegrid_objects_verbrannteaugen.jpg

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Netflix is coming out with new series' s so quickly you can't keep up.

I'm still watching Stranger Things II.

Waiting on Glow Season 2 & Netflix Love Season 3

Non Netflix on Netflix, i'd been re watching The Godfather lately & some episodes of The Office

Last night I re watched Jackie Brown

Reactions: Wolf