Netflix

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I know we have the 2018 Movies and TV Shows thread but seems it mainly dedicated to movie talk. Some of use enjoy Netflix and would make sense to post there, but they will get lost in the mix as time moves on. So why not dedicate this thread only to Netflix, where we can suggest, talk about movies and tv shows. If you were like Koop and I, discussing about Black Mirror we dedicate an entity separate thread to that entire show.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

There a few shows on my watchlist, I plan on watching soon on Netflix.

Ozark
    Van Helsng
    Mindhunter
    Dark
    Sense 8
    Narcos
    House of Cards

JHDK likes this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I just saw this one preview which comes out on Feb 2nd called Altered Carbon, looks interesting.

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Now there is a show I could get into. I love sci fi stuff but stayed away because the Wachowskis made a bunch of stinkers following The Matrix. This could be cool though.

Wolf likes this.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

They did the same thing with that gay show on HBO I watched. I like when the fans make a big enough stink to get a proper finale, even if it is only 1 more episode. I wish they did that with Deadwood.

Hey, Deadwood! That's a good show for watching together. Only like 2 maybe 3, shorter seasons and I haven't seen it in at least a couple years.

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Also, maybe this thread should include Amazon Prime original content too. While still playing catch up to Netflix, they do make some pretty good TV and movies.

8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

If it included Amazon Prime original content, then the thread needs to be renamed. But I thought you have your own Amazon thread. All Things Amazon

Also, I'm not an Amazon Prime member and many people have suggested to become one. One day, I will give them a shot and plus I already pay enough for certain expenses. I do know they have a monthly fee.

JHDK likes this.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

These are the shows, I enjoy watching on Netflix.

Beast Master
    Bill Nye Saves The World
    Black Mirror
    Daredevil
    Fuller House
    Glow
    Iron Fist
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Orange In The New Black
    Stranger Things
    The Defenders
    The Punisher
    Voltron Legendary Defender

10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I can't do dubbed and I have to really be into a show to watch it subtitled cause usually I like to mess around doing other stuff while watching at home.

12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The whole series isn't subtitled. I guess what I mean by voiceover is you can hear our English language on their lips as lip singing or other terms. Like those old Godzilla movies, when they clearly speak Japanese but you hear English coming out.

There are some subtitles in the series, there is a deaf girl and you can read some things in German. But they explain it in English.

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

The show was filmed with the actors speaking German right? And then dubbed into English for the USA audience. But Netflix also offers the original German speech with English subtitles.

I don't like watching dubbed shows...like the old Godzilla movies. I don't mind subtitles in movies but need to really want to watch it if I am committing to a whole TV series worth of subtitles.

14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I guess I'm not familiar with the term dubbed. But now you explain it and you are correct. But I'm almost done with episode 4 and will watch one more today. Because the WWE Royal Rumble is on tonight.

The series is interesting, some kids get kidnap and then later found dead. When people recover their bodies, the eyes are burned. There some dark mysterious cave that possibly leads to a nuclear power plant and one kid gets time jump into 1968, but they show is set in 2019. They mention the past is linked to the present which has to do with some kind of supernatural thing, which birds drop dead out of the sky and whole bunch of sheep are found dead? It kinda hard to watch, and impossible to stop watching. It's German version of Stranger Things.

[​IMG]

JHDK likes this.
  15. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Wolf likes this.
  16. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Netflix is coming out with new series' s so quickly you can't keep up.

I'm still watching Stranger Things II.

Waiting on Glow Season 2 & Netflix Love Season 3

Non Netflix on Netflix, i'd been re watching The Godfather lately & some episodes of The Office

Last night I re watched Jackie Brown

Wolf likes this.
  17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I thought that was a show on Amazon or some other streaming service. I’ll have to add that to my watch list.

18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I believe that the purpose they want you to watch there streaming service all the time over the competition.

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Only 2 episodes of Mindhunter left.
    We're really digging it.

Wolf likes this.
  20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I only have 5 episodes left with Dark and once I'm done, I'll check out Mindhunter next.