NBA....anyone???

Discussion in 'NBA' started by AJ_II, Oct 21, 2008.

1. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

McGrady is hurt again and out for three weeks. We're all completely shocked here in Houston, let me tell you. For a guy making $20 million, he sure does miss a lot of work. Thankfully, this year we have Artest. Hopefully he'll be able to pick up the slack while McGrady is laid up.

[​IMG]

Another picture I found funny...

[​IMG]

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

3. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Maybe this is the wrong place to say this. But I think the NBA should raise the nets to 12 feet, and increase the court size 50%, and enforce the damn rules! I'm sick and tired of Shaq running people over, and players dunking even when there are 3 defenders around them. The NBA is turning into a game of streetball, with giants running over each other and practically dropping the ball in the basket from above. The players are so big and the rules so lax it's just no fun anymore. Make those changes and you see a lot more fans coming back. The NBA is not nearly as entertaining as college.

4. goreds2

I think in the 1960's, dunking was not allowed in college Basketball. That is how Kareem developed such a good shooting touch with his sky hook etc.

5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

That's incredible, isn't it? Not even Christmas yet.

In this supposed age of parity in sports, check out the NBA standings...

Boston 23-2
    L.A. Lakers 20-3
    Cleveland 20-4

and

Oklahoma City 2-23
    Minnesota 4-19
    Washington 4-18
    Sacramento 6-18 :icon_eek:

6. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I like that. Maybe the NBA should make that rule change. It would be nice to see some actuall "skill" back in the game.

7. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

it's early but these guys MIGHT set the wins record this year...just need to go 50-7 the rest of the way!

8. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Outlawing dunking is the last thing the NBA will ever do. Why do you think women's basketball is so overwhelmingly UNpopular? They don't play above the rim.

But I do agree. You compare today's game to 20+ years ago, the basic fundamentals are disappearing. A kid coming out of high school can do a 360, between the legs dunk, but he can't dribble the ball with his left hand. We live in an era where SportsCenter highlights resonate more with the youth than working on those basic skills. That's why I like watching Chris Paul so much...he's a throwback to guys like Stockton, Bob Cousy, Isiah, even Magic.

9. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Sorry fellows...this is the Cavs' year

[​IMG]

10. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

There is talk that Cleveland is trying to acquire Shawn Marion from the Heat for Anderson Varejao and Wally Szczerbiak. If I were the Cavs, I'd be a little hesitant in tinkering with a 21-4 team, but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

11. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

:rofl2:

12. goreds2

The Cavs are only 2 1/2 games behind the Celtics.

If the playoffs started tomorrow, my SIXERS would have the 8th seed with a losing 12-14 record. :eek:

NBA.com

13. goreds2

My Sixers are only trailing by 2 to the Celtics in the 2nd QTR. (XM233) We shall see how long that lasts. :clueless:

14. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

update: they just need to go 47-7 now...18 W's in a row...they're on fiyah!

15. goreds2

Whew! This got ugly fast. My Sixers are losing by 19 in the 4th qtr. :eek:

16. goreds2

NBA on Christmas Day.

12/25/08 New Orleans Hornets at Orlando Magic 12:00PM XM232

12/25/08 San Antonio Spurs at Phoenix Suns 2:00PM XM233

12/25/08 Boston Celtics at Los Angeles Lakers 4:00PM XM232

12/25/08 Washington Wizards at Cleveland Cavaliers 8:00PM XM232

12/25/08 Dallas Mavericks at Portland Blazers 10:30PM XM233

17. goreds2

Party on SIR Charles. I hate to admit he is one of my favorite SIXERS of all time. :eek:

Mugshot is in LINK:

Charles Barkley admitted he was looking for sex during DUI arrest

Charles Barkley admitted he was looking for sex during DUI arrest
    BY DAVE GOLDINER
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Wednesday, December 31st 2008, 10:00 PM

Courtesy of AP

Charles Barkley was arrested on suspicion of DUI Wednesday morning.

Oh no, Sir Charles!

Hoops legend Charles Barkley was busted for suspected drunken driving Wednesday - and made things worse by admitting he was rushing to pick up a woman for a sex act.

"I was going to drive around the corner and get [oral sex]," the basketball Hall of Famer told police in Scottsdale, Ariz., a police report said.

He said the woman had performed the sex act for him last week and "it was the best one he had ever had," the report said.

Barkley, 45, was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. A cop saw him blow through a red light, then pull over to pick up the woman, who wasn't charged.

18. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

The mighty Celtics have lost 5 of 7 games. Talk of 70 wins seems to have been curtailed, if not completely died off. The Rockets, who are really struggling themselves (lost 6 of 8), visit Boston tonight. I'll be flipping back and forth between that and Davidson/Duke.

19. goreds2

Is Davidson / Duke on National TV tonight? If so, I will be watching.

gosixers2

20. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

It was on ESPN, hope you caught it. Wasn't that much of a game though. Gonzaga/Tennessee is on now on ESPN2.

I was just taking a look at the NBA standings, particularly at the Western Conference. The disparity between the top and bottom halves in this conference is amazing. What do I mean? Utah currently is in 9th place with a 20-15 record. After them, you get a huge fall-off with Memphis at 10th place sitting on an 11-24 record. Nine games separate the 9th and 10th place teams; meanwhile, 8 games separate 1st (Lakers) from 9th.