NA$CAR Bans Sanctioned Track Testing

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by dpkimmel2001, Nov 14, 2008.

1. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Well-Known Member

Does it really mean anything? The teams will just test at non-sanctioned tracks. :confused:

2. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

Exactly. Places like Texas World Speedway and Rockingham will be very busy next year.

3. KSfarmgirl

KSfarmgirl New Member

I think you're right, non sanctioned tracks will get busy, but I think overall it has to save money somewhere.

4. dpkimmel2001

Does Texas World Speedway still exist? I didn't know that. Why would they not be racing there?

Andy Hillenburg looks like a genius now after buying Rockingham! He'll be renting that track out every day.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  5. Pink Willie

Pink Willie Member

6. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Active Member

Still a gutless move in my opinion. Nascar needs to grow some balls. Its pretty damn easy. "You cannot test anywhere. If we find out you test anywhere you will be suspended. Failure to comply will be met with swift consequences"

Pretty damn easy.

All in all thought this is a move that should have been made years ago.

7. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

Think this makes stewart happy? :p Or DEI? Does it help anybody?

I bet eventually the manufacturers will have their own tracks built solely for testing. And I'd build a 1.5 mile track.

8. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Active Member

Penske has wanted to build a test track for the longest time which I think has always been shot down.

9. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

I dont think we'll see any manufacture built tracks anytime soon. Hell, they cant pay the dam light bill right now!:ignore:

10. This is not good for the teams that need to test to stay competitive!!

11. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

In theory this works but the teams with more money will still go to similar tracks to test and the ones with post shakers will have a real advantage now.

12. dpkimmel2001

I like the idea's that are starting to be thrown around that suggest making all-day Friday to be testing. They would then qualify on Saturday. That way they are basically testing the track under pretty much the same conditions as race day.

13. dpkimmel2001

"In the spirit of the ban on testing NASCAR announced Friday, team owner Jack Roush suggested going a step further, if other owners would consent to a gentlemen's agreement not to test at all."

Yah, that'll work! Last time I heard the 'gentlemen's agreement' phrase was when the Lucky Dog was born. :D

14. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Just the fact that it came from Jack is hilarious in itself.:2funny: And a bit ironic!:bs:

15. Jack is a parody of himself, he double talks himself in circles and he (coming from a chick) hires the ugliest of drivers!!!

16. k9feces

k9feces Member

Ban happy hour too

17. hey why don't we ban qualifying (kidding all), if NASCAR want to start with testing to maybe help the unadvantaged then lets do the same for qualifying so they never get a chance to race!!! ;)

18. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

I read today that J.D. Gibbs was asked about Jack's "gentlemen's agreement".
    He was asked if he would be party to such an agreement, and J.D. said "Well, first you have to assume that we're all gentlemen.

LOL!!!:hah:

19. Raceimages

Raceimages Member

So is NASCAR going to help out places like Kentucky and Nashville that are never going to get Cup dates with the loss of income from a testing ban?

I agree the testing is way out of hand but this move may actually cause a few tracks to close!

20. zevious

zevious Member

Jack cracks me up with comments like this. While he is on top, he makes these statements. If he starts getting beat, he'll be running his ass down to the Nascar trailer to bitch. Wasn't it last year (maybe this year), that he was mentioning that everyone else had done more testing then he had. Stating that if he had known they were going to test that much, he would have found the $ to do it as well. LOL Like he didn't expect these teams to test a brand new car. DUH!