Morning Mashup coming to XM

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by bjflynn04, Dec 26, 2008.

1. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 New Member

I heard tonight on XM 20 on 20 that the Morning Mashup from Sirius Hits 1 is coming to 20on20 1/12/09.

2. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Interesting. Yet more proof things are slowly shifting. Then down the road they will ditch one channel name.

3. tsave31

tsave31 Member

I'd imagine 20on20 would be the name to go. It seems too focused to me...Hits 1 is more broad and allows more flexibility on the DJs part.

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I agree, but I much prefer the current format of 20 on 20 vs Hits 1. I like the limited count downs during the day.

Just what we need some more jabbering DJ's with more time to jabber on top of the beginning and ending of songs! :clueless:

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

The channels will probably be merged but will have a brand new name. Both Hits 1 and 20 on 20 are channel number specific.

6. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Maybe they'll just Make it SiriusXM Hits or Something more general. Top Hits or something.

7. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

I knew 20 on 20's days were numbered when their PD announced her resignation. That channel will become basically Sirius Hits 1.

8. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

They've been asking listeners to choose a new name in their surveys that they send out. But the morning mash-up coming to the soon to be former 20 on 20 blows...:(

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I could care less if they change the name or add the Morning Mash Up. I just hope they don't change the top 20 count down...:)

10. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I love having my XMP3 to catch 20 on 20. I like all the Pop channels Pop2k, Hits 1, and 20 on 20. Just something about the top 40 channels is always so repetitive that it's nice to be able to switch to another channel.

Congrats to the Morning Mashup Crew!

11. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

I think that will remain with the channel in some capacity. But they'll probably bring over the weekend countdown with Spyder Harrison too.

12. TulaneJeff

TulaneJeff Member

I look forward to finally hearing Spyder's countdown on 20on20.

I'd love for them to bring over the "Hit Bound" show as well.

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You know now that you mention Spyder, I do miss his count downs, so this will be a good add.

I still hope they keep the other subscriber count downs though, because those are also cool.

14. macfanatic010

macfanatic010 Member

I got one of those 2 months ago. I got another one yesterday, which I posted here: http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/...ing-merge-hits-1-top-20-20-a-2.html#post39278

Honestly, most of those names suck. I hope enough listeners "vote for something that doesn't suck!" :p
    (Yes, that's an allusion to one of the soundbites XM uses on 20/20)

15. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

There's something that 20 on 20 doesn't have. I'd be fine with that moving on over.

16. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

From their choices, I voted for "Hits Now!"

17. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 New Member

That is what I voted for too.

18. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Those names are a freaking JOKE!

Now I see why there is such little thought put into the music, because if the folks that came up with those names are programming, then I can see why.

19. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 New Member

Update: I just noticed on the 20 on 20 website that there is a picture that you click on that says Be an Alt Nation Music Director but it will take you to XM 20 on 20 to sign up for the wutchuwant crew for XM 20 on 20.

20. macfanatic010

macfanatic010 Member

can't find the link on the 20 on 20 page, but judging from the survey page, it appears that they'll be adapting Hits 1's WutChuWant slogan...