Mo Love Next Week!!!

chipmunk

Nov 18, 2008
i've noticed i can only 'love' on original sirius stations... any station that has been blended or brought over from XM, it doesn't work.

XeroFuzion

Nov 25, 2008
Update on the LOVE.

I was driving to work today and decided to test things out. LOVE DID NOT WORK AT ALL ON THE FOLLOWING CHANNELS.....(Using the SIRIUS Numbers) 40, 61, 79, 80. LOVE did work on 20 and 38, however it was completely random? I have never listened to 40, 61, 79, 0r 80 in the past. Sorry but I am not into Hip Hop, Country or Classical, but this is a good test because I had ZERO radio replays and ZERO Loved songs from those channels in the past, however I still cannot LOVE songs on those channels.

I do like Rock music and Electronic so I have more experience trying to record on Octane 20 and Area 38. 99% of the time I CANNOT LOVE songs on 38, today however I was. JUST ONE SONG. I switched to the channel, 1 song was playing. I could NOT LOVE it. Then it was over and a new song came on WITH NO INTERRUPTIONS. I hit the LOVE button again and lo and behold it starts recording with NO PROBLEMS! I wait for that song to end and finish recording. Without doing anything else when the new song is on, I hit LOVE again and IT WOULDNT RECORD IT!

The same thing was going on over on Octane. I LOVE'd 2 songs in a row fine, then on song #3, it just would NOT DO IT. Then when a new song came on, it worked FINE.

:bigahh:

Has anyone tried similar troubleshooting steps? Since there isnt much else we can do here. I highly doubt there is a problem with any of our radios. I do think there is something going on with the signal that sirius is providing and what our stilettos think its being sent. Its like the radios think they are being sent information from a channel that provides TALK. Such as Howard where if you ever try to LOVE it, it asks for the block of time you want to record. It looks to me, like this wont get fixed until they do another Channel update. That should happen shortly after the AC/DC channel is moved to its own channel and BUZZSAW 19 starts playing its music again.

:soapbox:
Oh yes the DREADED CHANNEL UPDATE. Their channel update is what blew up one of my S50s last spring. Yeah, this MERGER IS AWESOME. SO GREAT FOR THE CONSUMER. So far all I have seen are technical problems in addition to a bunch of bullsh$#t pricing schemes. You got to be kidding me that you are going to MERGE to SAVE $$ and then charge me more to hear baseball and Oprah? When you have been shooting off at the mouth the entire time that this merger has to go through that it will be so great for the customer?

:soapbox:
Sorry Howard and Mel, you should be punched right in your fat noses for those out and out lies. Look how much time Sirius subscribers have spent trying to troubleshoot their radios and call customer service? If we all made $500 million like Howard, all that time spent trying to fix the screw up could have paid for the bailout!

Okay I am done now :shock:

devicemanager

Oct 21, 2008
LOL, hope you feel better, sometimes you just have to get it out - :Smiley_wink:

I am having the same issues as you, sometimes I can record but most of the time I cant.

I also have to admit I did think this was going to be resolved in a timely fashion, I was wrong and I am not holding my breath anymore (big exhale). We just have got to hang in there, satellite radio is a great concept, just hope it works out. SIRI is in the teens and that doesn't look good. The company is bleeding profusely and it looks like it may be fatal. ouch! I really hope they can turn this around so I guess we have to be patient. They have some other bigger fish to fry right now.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I can love channel 8 now. I used to only do 7. Last I checked I could not love Rewind.

(Of course it could be the specific song if its tagged or not.)

devicemanager

Oct 21, 2008
I wonder why I can do it sometimes and other times I can't? Maybe all of the satellites need to be upgraded and from time to time I grab one that will allow me?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I wonder why I can do it sometimes and other times I can't? Maybe all of the satellites need to be upgraded and from time to time I grab one that will allow me?

I believe the answer lies in the song id. These are being added slowly on a song by song basis to the XM library. If a song plays that has the id, you can love it and it will activate tune select on other radios. If it doesn't ... it won't. The possibility of not having a song id is only on XM originated channels. As time goes by the songs you can't love should be fewer and fewer.

devicemanager

Oct 21, 2008
That really makes a lot of sense. Not that I am doubting you, how are you aware of this information - just curios? :)

DOes this mean that once the song has been played it is not loveable?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That really makes a lot of sense. Not that I am doubting you, how are you aware of this information - just curios? :)

DOes this mean that once the song has been played it is not loveable?

I have been putting together peices of stuff posted here and on XMFAN along with my own observations. Sirius XM has confirmed they are adding song ids to the XM library but it takes time. Since I can love some songs but not others, it makes sense that this is tied to the song id.

XeroFuzion

Nov 25, 2008
I believe the answer lies in the song id. These are being added slowly on a song by song basis to the XM library. If a song plays that has the id, you can love it and it will activate tune select on other radios. If it doesn't ... it won't. The possibility of not having a song id is only on XM originated channels. As time goes by the songs you can't love should be fewer and fewer.

There are so many things wrong with this. Not your post, but this situation. Theres still been NO OFFICIAL WORD FROM THIS COMPANY THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM.

I know,.... :eek:fftopic:

As time goes by, fewer and fewer people will be willing to pay for this bullsh&t. Merger or not, whatever. I now no longer care if satellite radio survives. Doing business like this should not be rewarded. Next thing u know these douches will be asking for bailout money too. Sirius used to be awesome and for whatever reason now, it pretty much blows. Channel lineps now suck. If the channel still exists, the ten year old songs they play on them now are heard for free everywhere else. Not to mention i can save songs properly and listen later!
:sorry:

But this is :bs:

Now rethinking my lifetime membership

:titanic: