MLB games on SIRIUS this year?

Cardville

Apr 10, 2009
It's weak MLB is the only sport that couldn't come to an agreement. And they got the biggest contract.:shifty:

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
Not to maybe take some blame off of the MLB administration/Bud Selig, but MLB has one of the strongest player unions. It could be a demand coming from the player unions that is holding everything up.

vinnyv07

Feb 28, 2009
I wansn't aware that the Best of XM included actual NHL game play. I thought it only included the NHL ch with games broadcasted on that ch. And I still don't care who is at fault or who is to blame. I still can't listen to baseball on my radio. I refuse to get an XM radio and change my set-up to listen to baseball. I am invested in Sirius and I am going to stay if they get baseball or not. I would like to see it happen so I could listen to any game anywhere. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Cardville

Apr 10, 2009
I'm gonna bump this thread simply because it's BS that MLB isn't part of the Best of XM.:wtf2:

vinnyv07

Feb 28, 2009
I hate that it isn't a part of the Siruis lineup, but at least they are saving me some money. So I switch my Sirius radio off to listen to baseball. If that is the way it has to be, so be it.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I saw that I googled this and he posted it on the Brewers fan website. I still believe it is a load of crap but we will see tomorrow.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
Yeah, my friend asked me what Sirius radio to get. I told him to go with a new XM one if he wants baseball. He can still get all of the Sirius stuff he wants then. Sirius subs definitely get the shaft on this one.

vinnyv07

Feb 28, 2009
Mutt from SFN has suggested canceling your Sirius account and buying an XM radio instead. That way you can listen to MLB and get Howard through the "Best of Sirius" packaging.

Seems like a long way to go in order to hear baseball.

I agree. If I needed a new radio I guess that is what I would do. But to get a new radio just to hear baseball? I don't think so.
By the way, there was a rumor about May 1st being the day that baseball would be available on the best of XM to Sirius listeners....I knew it wasn't true.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Yeah, my friend asked me what Sirius radio to get. I told him to go with a new XM one if he wants baseball. He can still get all of the Sirius stuff he wants then. Sirius subs definitely get the shaft on this one.

Definetly or if your friend wants to stay with Sirius , I would tell him that he could also go the Iphone route and get the MLB.COM at bat for 2009 so he can listen to his teams announcers.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I agree. If I needed a new radio I guess that is what I would do. But to get a new radio just to hear baseball? I don't think so.

Not just baseball, but channel logos/names that actually update when they're supposed to, a portable player with more features, and probably more stuff.

By the way, there was a rumor about May 1st being the day that baseball would be available on the best of XM to Sirius listeners....I knew it wasn't true.

Is anyone else confused as to the presence of this line? We knew there was a rumor about May 1st. It's what this thread is about. :rolleyes: I might as well go into the "Bubba in Pittsbugh" thread and post something like "I heard Bubba was doing a free show in Pittsburgh. Can anyone confirm?"

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008

this line can be copied and pasted on a vast array of subjects from content, to receiver upgrades, etc.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Second week in June.

Oh well, at least it's something. At least signs exist that the various companies are working on a deal.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Second week in June.

Oh well, at least it's something. At least signs exist that the various companies are working on a deal.

But I am still wondering if a deal is announced , what will they do when the NBA and NHL conflict until June and College Hoops conflicts with Spring Traning in March also College Football in August September and October. I think that even though we will not get every game if we get MLB on the BOXM they should open up some more channels on the BOXM from 198-207.