Mexican Coca Cola

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Brian, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Brian

Brian Banned

Who's ever had some? I ordered like 6 bottles last night off Amazon. I am nervous.

2. Wayne Edwards

Wayne Edwards Active Member

I did. It's not the same. In fact, it's awful.

3. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

I love it. A little sweeter.

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

We've got lots of Mexican Coke down here. They say its better because they use cane sugar instead of HFCS, but they don't carbonate it enough, so it doesn't taste like Coke used to taste. To get the real old school taste, look for the kosher for Passover Coke they make once a year. That stuff will take you back to 1984.

There's nothing to be nervous about. Millions of people drink Mexican Coke.

5. Brian

Brian Banned

Not even with the water?:shock:

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Yes, Mexican Cokes are safe to drink. Don't put Mexican ice in them, though.

7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I prefer mexican coke.

Oh, wait...

8. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

No need to be nervous. But what was the intrigue?

I hope you don't think it has cocaine in it... cause someone is gonna be disappointed!!

Is it made with coca leaf?? lol

And you'll have to pay shipping!! (unless you got the Super Saver discount!) :p

Oren

9. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

Good stuff. If the bottle has a yellow cap with Hebrew written on the top, then it's kosher. You could probably find some online somewhere.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

The cap color varies by year. The real indicator is a "U" in a circle on the cap (I've never seen any Hebrew on them here). You should only buy them before Passover so they're fresh. Houston has a Jewish ghetto, and the Kroger there has palettes of them in the "Kosher for Passover" section.

Here's a picture of a cap:

[​IMG]

11. late1

late1 Member

I stock up every passover season, and keep it chilled.
    This week I'm enjoying the last bottle...:p
    No more until April:mad:

I never drink sodas with HFCS.. uck

12. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

When I spent time in Central America we had Coke Light instead of Diet Coke.

I love that fake sugar taste in any language.

13. Brian

Brian Banned

Nah, I posted a thread on another forum saying that Coke in glass bottles was the best kind of Coke, and then everyone pretty much said that Mexican Coke was the best. That got me interested.

And yeah, the shipping is a bitch. Don't think I'm gonna do this every week, but it'll be a nice change of pace every so often from the Coke that's bottled here in Tampa.

14. Wayne Edwards

Wayne Edwards Active Member

Brian, let us know what you think! The Mexican Coke I had that tasted like crap was at an "upscale" restauraunt at Rosarito Beach. I'm curious if the canned Coke is better....

15. Brian

Brian Banned

the coke shipped today. scheduled delivery is friday.

16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

17. late1

late1 Member

If you think that's good...
    You can still order the REAL Dr. Pepper from the oldest Dr Pepper bottling company in the world, featuring the original pure cane sugar formula. Mmmmmmm

DublinDrPepper.com/

18. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

Nice. Thanks for the link!

19. Brian

Brian Banned

well i got my coke today. it's currently chilling in the fridge. i'm excited.

20. Brian

Brian Banned

So here's the thing. You can tell there is real cane sugar in this drink. Is it better than American Coke? Not really. Although I do like real sugar better, it's hardly worth spending this kind of coin a second time.