Merger Deals

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I find this stuff interesting when these mega corporations try and buy or merge other companies for millions or billions of dollars. Usually the FCC approves or rejects these deals. Like for an example in the past couple of years:

AT&T bought DirecTV

Charter/Spectrum has bought Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks. I don't know who is the main company now Charter or Spectrum?

Amazon bought Whole Foods

Verizon buys AOL and Yahoo!

I know some of these articles are scattered through out the forum, but maybe we can discuss them here.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Do you love Cox?

Not really much, but there is no other fast internet provider here in Phoenix, then them.

I did had all 3 bundle deals for cable, home phone and internet and paying nearly over $300 bucks a month for all of there services. But after seeing my prices going up every year, I finally drop cable for DirecTV but turned it into DirecTV Now and ditch the home phone and mainly use my cell phone. But I get a good deal with AT&T and DirecTV with the credit bundle, which averages my cell and tv package $125 a month.

So that leaves my internet, several years ago I did had Qwest. But they screw me over so many damn times. But I worked a new deal with Cox as being a new customer again and paying $60 bucks for 50 mbps for nearly a year, but unfortunately that deal will be over in a few months and will go up like $10+ bucks I believe? That might not sound much, but I don't want to pay high prices for high speed internet. Plus I'm a cord cutter and you kinda need fast internet for streaming and playing video games. So I will either have to pay up or start shopping for better internet prices.

Who know if Charter buys Cox and affects my services? All I know Charter is starting to get big for their bridges and same for AT&T.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Me too, but I don't think a merger would be good for the consumer. I have to say, I do like the X1 cable box. It does some neat things, like letting me watch Netflix.
Yeah, I expected to hate the X1 cable box because I've hated every cable DVR I've ever used, but the X1 is a big step up. The voice features work, it has Netflix, and it knows how to offer me a choice of different ways to watch something.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
business-commerce-merger-mergers_and_acquisitions-buildings-office_buildings-together-opr0015_low.jpg

Reactions: scotchandcigar