Mcu Movies Discussion

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We do a lot of talking about Marvel movies, both positive and negative. Let's have a thread just for that.

Inspired by Wolf I'm going to give watching all the movies in order a go. We'll see how it turns out.

marvel.jpg

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
If anybody does want to participate this is the proper order to watch all the MCU movies.

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe films - Wikipedia

1. Iron Man (2008)
2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
4. Thor (2011)
5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
6. Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
10. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
12. Ant-Man (2015)
13. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
14. Doctor Strange (2016)
15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
18. Black Panther (2018)
19. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
20. Ant-Man & The Wasp (2018)

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Phase 1: 1-6

Phase 2: 7-12

Help me out with Phase 3 Wolf. Will it end at Infinity War and then start Phase 4 with the next Ant-Man?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
With the 18 movies out so far this is my personal favorite MCU movies in order from best to worst. I want to see Infinity War now, but I won't be able to see it until this Sunday. Plus that was the only date to see the movie in the early morning when I bought the tickets.

Captain America 3: Civil War
Thor 3: Ragnarok
Guardians of The Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Captain America 2: The Winter Solider
Marvel's: The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Black Panather
Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2
The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
Thor 2: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk[/QUOTE]

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Phase 1: 1-6

Phase 2: 7-12

Help me out with Phase 3 Wolf. Will it end at Infinity War and then start Phase 4 with the next Ant-Man?

Phase One
1. Iron Man (2008)
2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
4. Thor (2011)
5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
6. Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Phase Two
7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
10. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
12. Ant-Man (2015)

Phase Three
13. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
14. Doctor Strange (2016)
15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
18. Black Panther (2018)
19. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
20. Ant-Man & The Wasp (2018)
21. Captain Marvel (2019)
22. Untitled Avengers 4 (2019)
23. Untitled Spider-Man 2 (2019)
24. Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 4 (2020)

Phase Four
Nothing has been announced yet

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
They will announce Phase Four next year but I believe they are waiting until the Fox/Disney merger is officially over. Plus there are rumors that the real title for Phase Four will be Phase Fantastic 4. If that happens, the MCU nerd universe will explode.

Even though the CEO of Marvel Kevin Feige has said they do have 20 movies in development till 2028. That not including the Fox X-Men Universe once they own it next year.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I have no idea which movie is which any more.
They all blur together.

Which ones are grouped together with related story lines?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I have no idea which movie is which any more.
They all blur together.

Which ones are grouped together with related story lines?

I can understand because they made so many in 10 years. But once you watch them all. They start making sense again.

Good question, they all have a good storyline in them and in post #2 is the proper storyline order to watch. But there are some you can skip which can take you to Infinity War.

Iron Man - Begins the storyline
Thor - Introduce Loki
Captain America: The First Avenger - Infinity Stone "Tesseract" (Space Stone)
Marvel's The Avengers - Avengers vs. Loki
Thor: The Dark World - Infinity Stone "Aether" (Reality Stone)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - When S.H.E.I.L.D. no longer around, but could possibly be skipped?
Guardians of the Galaxy - Infinity Stone "Orb" (Power Stone) and Thanos kids
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Infinity Stone "Vision" (Mind Stone)
Captain America: Civil War - Avengers team splits up and fight each other
Doctor Strange - Infinity Stone (Time Stone)
Thor: Ragnarok - Thor vs Hulk and has Thor sister which possibly leads to Infinity War
Black Panther - Introduce the world to Wakanda
Avengers: Infinity War - Brings together all 18 movies of 10 years in the making

Soul Stone - hasn't been shown yet, but there some rumors that Wakanda is the (Soul Stone)

Also, Guardians 2 post credit introduce Adam Warlock but won't see until Avengers 4 or Guardians 3.

Partially spoiler alert but this is the real storyline from the comics like 30 years ago of what I recall. Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer defeat Thanos as Gamora now controls the Infinity Stones.

But since Disney Marvel doesn't have the rights to the Silver Surfer. They will have to re-right the storyline from the comics and defeat Thanos somehow.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So Norton and Ruffalo are both playing the same Banner/Hulk from the same timeline? They just switched out the actors kinda like they did Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knights, right?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Correct, I'm not sure if this is correct. I believe the reason why Norton didn't return he wanted more money in the next film and that why they replaced him. Plus it bombed anyway, but Ruffalo plays a better Hulk then Norton.

Also if you are wondering why isn't there any more Hulk movies it because of Paramount. They own the rights to the Hulk and haven't created any more solo films. So Marvel just uses the character in the movies and creating their own storyline almost like how they are doing with Sony Spider-Man.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Iron Man (2008) - This one was good. Since it was the first of the series the humor that I usually hate gets a pass because it wasn't tired yet. I liked the whole building of the suit and the ongoing fight against terrorists. Tony's buddy, the military guy played by Howard and then Cheadle after the first movie, was a cool sidekick. Paltrow was good enough. I also like that SHIELD guy, the one from the TV show. Cool post credits scene with Fury and the beginnings of The Avengers. Overall a fun way to start the series. 3.5/5

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The Incredible Hulk (2008) - I thought I was going to hate this one but I didn't. I like how they covered the origin story in the opening credits and got it out of the way. I like Liv Tyler. She isn't the best actress in the world but something about her is likable and I guess that's why she gets so many acting gigs. The CGI of Hulk wasn't always the best but that's fine. I dug the Lou Ferrigno cameo. The first 20 mins of the final act were awful. Really stupid cab scene played for humor and just annoying. Then Banner meets the doctor he's been talking to all movie over the internet and his character is stupid. Once we get to the final fight scene things get better. It was a cool fight. Putting a massive fire out with a clap from The Hulk was dumb but I liked everything else about the fight. And another ending scene that further sets up the start of The Avengers. Overall better than expected. 3/5.

I'm now going to time how long it takes me to watch these movies. This one was 2:15 and it took me 3:03.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm going to post this here so I can compare my list to yours.

I finally finished watching all of my MCU films. Black Panther is still in theaters, but it will come out on digital on May 8th so I can wait. Here is my latest update until Infinity War comes out and Black Panther could always move slots once I rewatch it one day.

Captain America 3: Civil War
Thor 3: Ragnarok
Guardians of The Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Captain America 2: The Winter Solider
Marvel's: The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Black Panather
Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2
The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
Thor 2: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Iron Man 2 (2010) - Well, this was the worst of the bunch so far. The only parts I enjoyed were setups for other characters. The main story was bad. Mickey Rourke's whips were cool but besides that I didn't like him or his drones. I usually love Sam Rockwell but he was a mediocre villain. War Machine is cool but his reveal was awful. Tony vs WM fight was dumb. Almost all of act 2 was boring, except when Tony made his new power source. Now to some of the good parts. I liked how the Stark Expo was basically the World's Fair and how Tony's dad was pretty much Walt Disney showing off EPCOT. I liked meeting ScarJo before the reveal as Black Widow and the reveal at the donut shop was also cool. Seeing Tony's dad have Captain America's shield in his old stuff was neat. Phil Coulson was cool as always and although the final fight scene was bad, the Black Widow part (minus the painfully stupid Favreau vs guard fight) was cool. Post credit scene was nothing special, just a teaser for Thor. Overall not a good movie but some good setup for other characters. 2/5

2:04 runtime
2:18 for me

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
See, the first few Iron Man movies you could watch without having to watch anything else. Same for the first 2 Guardians.

If I've got to watch all 31 movies to keep up with a story line, I'm out.
If there's a bit of cross-over, or maybe some common threads that don't rely on knowing the other movies, that's ok. But if I'm going to get lost when watching Black Panther because I didn't see Dr Strange, forget it. I don't want to work that hard to be entertained.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Thor (2011) - This one wasn't great but I didn't actively dislike it IM2. Pretty much all the scenes in both Asgard and Jotunheim looked terrible. The only good looking part was the bridge. That was cool. I love Portman and she was good as always. Neat to see a young Kat Dennings, although they covered up her best assets for the entire movie so that's a bummer. Hiddleston was fine and so was Elba. Renner/Hawkeye only got like 1 minute of screen time. If that's all he gets before The Avengers it's not much. ScarJo got like 20 minutes in IM2. Not sure what was going on with the post credits scene, some sort of briefcase that held a cube of power and Loki controlled the doctor. I guess I'll learn more about that later on. I do like how at the end they say "Thor will return in The Avengers". Reminds me of Bond and that's fun. Overall not very good but also not awful. 2.5/5

1:55 runtime
2:29 for me

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Man, I'm usually good at wasting time but I just watched a triple header of Marvel movies. Even for me that's a lot.

On to Captain America now!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Man, I'm usually good at wasting time but I just watched a triple header of Marvel movies. Even for me that's a lot.

On to Captain America now!

Wow, you're on a role. It took me a month and I watched like 4 a day but on the weekends.

I hate giving reviews, but I'll try my best when I get around to it. Been busy today and updating the seed votings, before I go back to work on Monday.