maybe it will be time to merge forums

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i've been listening more and more through my phone (meaning online only content, no games) and i kinda feel that i am not getting my money's worth out of the stiletto 100 when i got it- poor reception without using the in-ear dagger headset and very little software upgrades from the time i bought it 3 years ago. plus the only portables being offered are now xm equipment. i don't want to lose the sirius stuff, and i don't want to have to buy a brand new subscription.

well, that may be a moot point as of wednsday.

sirixm is finally merging channels and creating a constant channel lineup, so there is no more exclusive sirius stuff, and the exclusive stuff is now all on the xm side. if (and this is a big IF) they finally merge billing i may put some down to get the xmp3. but clearly with the lack of support the sirius portables are getting, the lack of focus on sirius portable equipment, and the lineup consolidation, think it may be time to merge the sirius and xm portable forums since there's really only one portable being supported at this time?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
People like me still have Sirius portables. These forums are more for the hardware rather than the channel lineup (which is merged) and can remain separate. I wouldn't be much help with an XMP3 while I might be able to help with an SL2/SL100/SL10.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
People like me still have Sirius portables. These forums are more for the hardware rather than the channel lineup (which is merged) and can remain separate. I wouldn't be much help with an XMP3 while I might be able to help with an SL2/SL100/SL10.

Hi IdRatherBeSkiing,

You do realize, don't you, that SL* owners like you and me are an endangered species, now that Sirius portables are discontinued? So, eventually, this forum will die...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hi IdRatherBeSkiing,

You do realize, don't you, that SL* owners like you and me are an endangered species, now that Sirius portables are discontinued? So, eventually, this forum will die...

I know its discontinued. Working or not, it is my ticket to $3/month internet. Basically all I use it for now is recording 70s and 80s countdowns anymore since I got my iPhone (use Slacker on it).

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
A number of people are still using equipment on the Sirius side, but it's something to consider further down the line...

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
My daughter still uses my old Sirius tuner. Kind of weird to think that thing is 7 years old now. I originally purchased the lifetime sub for it for $400. I think I'll likely get 10 years of use out of it.

The lifetime subs now are -really- expensive. I think it's, when all is said and done assuming you add BoX or BoS and after royalty fees, $900-1000.

The $400 original fee didn't include BoX so it's not a fair comparison. This is one of the older units and can't get BoX. So, subtracting that lifetime costs double now.