Mark Martin is on the pole!!

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Ill have answer to that whole mess tonight. I have a book that has some info on that situation. And I believe it went back to that there wasnt a rule for it, they decided to penalize Roush, and then created a rule specific to it.

Im not saying Dale should have been politically correct. But harping on a mans alcohol demons in 1990, 2009, or in 2029 is a scum thing to do in my opinion.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
How about we just agree to root for this guy to set a new record of coming from the furthest back after four races to win the championship? I'd like to see this picture again after Homestead!

3337964358_132df97e8c_o.jpg

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I really hope so. He made an incredible comeback in 2004 to reach the top 10 by race 26 which went completely disregarded by most people. Hes only 190 points out of 12th, If this team can keep running top 5 and top 10 like he has been doing before he hits catastrophe he should be able to make it back up there. His team is running really really really well.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
He has plenty of time to get back into the top 12. He just has to get through Bristol. :yesshake:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
IMO Bristol is an absolute crap shoot for everyone. You can't do anything to avoid anyone.

Martinsville - 21 top 10's in 42 starts with an average finish of 13.4. He's going to be fine.

Talladega, another crap shoot. He will be well established in the points by then to have to worry about it.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Well the other end of that question is, if it doesnt give them an advantage, why would they run it?

good question, i say ask jack or whoever put it on the car. correct me if i'm wrong godfather, but didn't all or a majority of the drivers and officials say it wouldn't have given the team an advantage?

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
sure, but wouldn't it be dumb for your competition to come out and say that it wouldn't have given them an advantage, because that's exactly what happened.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
It doesn't matter what any owner, crew chief, or driver have to say about it. It was a rule that was broken. It was a penalty. I imagine when these people get their NASCAR license to compete, they agree to the rules, even though they seem to be written in pencil. Who knows what all is in the rule book? Cars to low, cars to high, wrong front clip, soft shocks, hard shocks, on and on .............. There have been many things that people felt that they didn't have an advantage and still failed an inspection. Some are monetary fines, some points, some both, some suspensions, again on and on.