Mad Men--anyone watch this show

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Vargas, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Love this show.

Season finale is this Sunday and it may be the SERIES finale as they have no new contract in place for next season and I dont' think AMC can afford them anymore.

If anyone wants to talk about it, here is the place. I'm always up for it.

2. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I've heard this is a really good show from a number of people, but I've never seen it. I'd like to, but the energy involved with getting into a new show might be too much for me. Too much other stuff going on. The only thing I watch on TV is sports, sports, and more sports. Plus, The Office is my favorite sitcom, last night's episode was pretty good...and I like 30 Rock and House, M.D. too.

What channel does Mad Men come on? Is it AMC or FX?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. Deacon

Deacon Member

Love this show! Easily on my top 5 never, ever miss it list.

This is the first I heard that it is not coming back. I would find it hard to believe that if AMC doesn't pick it up that some other channel won't.

4. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Nice! Mad Men viewers!!

They are currenlty working without a contract for next season and due to the critical acclaim and the awards won, they think it may be expensive to bring back. The main character (the actor that play's Don Draper) is a breakout star.

I hope AMC does the right thing and pays up.

Or maybe they don't and HBO can grab it

Ok, so nevermind. While searching for the acticle to post I came across this from the NY Times.

Mad Men, renwed for Season 3.

AMC Renews ‘Mad Men,’ but a Contract for Its Creator Remains to be Signed - TV Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com

5. Deacon

Deacon Member

6. late1

late1 Member

BSOTV

Best show on television.

I got hooked on Breaking Bad, after seeing the promos on MM.

7. Chrissyb

Chrissyb Active Member

I love this show!! :bigthumbup:

this weeks episode totally freaked me out.. when Don called and said he was Dick Whitman!

Betty is a head case..

I think Sally and Bobby are going to end up freaks..hell Sally is already drinking and smoking..

I have to say..the rape scene was tough to watch.. I don't care much for "red" but I felt bad for her during that.. and you know she will end up marrying that guy.

8. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I love this show, great TV.

9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

No F-ing spoilers! We're a week behind because they don't have AMC in HD here, but they put Mad Men on the HD on-demand Monday. So Mrs. Bag and I just skipped the first Sunday and watch it in HD on Sundays, one week delayed.

Rent the first season DVDs if you want to get into it. Mrs. Bag and I took a couple of days off from work to sit home and watch it straight through.

10. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

In the dictionary, under "brick shithouse," there is a picture of Joan.

11. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to download last three episodes until today...:(

I'll watch them later...:)

12. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Anyone guess who this is?

[​IMG]

13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Looks like Peggy.

14. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

We have a winner, I saw her on TV and she looked very different from her character.

January Jones is a hottie for sure.

15. Deacon

Deacon Member

It's Bangs!

16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  17. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Elizabeth Moss is so cute...:D