Mad Dog Report

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Sports' started by Ifandorbut, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

He's on O&A right now. Good interview.

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Mad Dog is on O & A at the moment. Some great sports talk especially since Jimmy and Anthony know nothing about the subject. :rofl2:

3. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Was it a good interview?

4. goreds2

Yes, they were amazed that MAD DOG knew who was in the MLB playoffs in past decades etc.

M.D. razzed Opie about being enaged and planning for the wedding.

5. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Since yesterday when they updated the channel lineup, Sirius channel 123 (not sure what it is on XM) is actually called "Mad Dog Radio" Considering this, I wish they'd replay Russo's show at least overnight instead of simulcasting Sporting News Radio. This would make even more sense, because channel 127 is now constantly broadcasting Sporting News Radio...so basically, during the evenings and overnight, we have SNR on two channels. Why not just replay Russo's show on HIS channel?

6. Ifandorbut

I heard it. I liked when they randomly asked him about teams in the World Series for each year. He did pretty good, even gave some background information on the games.

I didn't care for the advice Mad Dog gave Opie about getting married. I don't have any real connection to the show, so I kind of zoned out for a few minutes. I would have preferred that they kept quizzing Mad Dog with the random questions.

7. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

Has he said who will be on his channel yet?

8. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the direction of his channel is. Honestly, I expected it to be moving along a little quicker by this point...he's been with Sirius/XM for over 2 months now. If you're not going to put on other shows on his channel, at least replay Mad Dog's show through out the day. We don't need a Sporting News Radio simulcast on TWO channels!

9. Ifandorbut

He discussed this on O&A's show, he said that it's hard to find talent willing to come over. Perhaps talent sees how satellite is just hanging on. As bad as Howard says terrestrial radio is, it's still a lot better financially at terrestrial than it is at satellite.

Chris says that he has a few guys lined up that he would be talking to, but nothing solid at the moment.

10. goreds2

Mad Dog out this week. I am not liking his fill ins.

11. leviramsey

leviramsey New Member

Didn't it take a long time for Howard to pick Bubba to be the afternoon guy (I think it was a year or so after the announcement that he was going to Sirius)?

Given that Tony Kornheiser doesn't have a radio gig once MNF ends, I wouldn't be surprised to see him signed on to do the middays. Likewise, we might see Dan Patrick on both services in the morning.

Part of me thinks that we might also see Mad Dog cut his show back to a 6pm finish and get a more West Coast show starting at 6.

12. goreds2

I would like to have Tony Kornheiser on XM144.

13. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I heard on one of last week's show that Bill Pidto (former SportsCenter anchor) and Bruce Murray will be co-hosts of a new show on Mad Dog Radio. It'll air from 10-2 eastern time as a lead in to Russo's show. They're thinking of calling the show "The 'B' Team" (Bill and Bruce). When it is going to premiere, I don't know.

14. Ifandorbut

Good news. I don't find them to be all that exciting, but at least some pieces of the programming puzzle are fitting into place.

15. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Bill Pidto was one of the various people who filled in for Russo last week, and I thought he was pretty good. I always liked him on SportsCenter...one of the few remaining anchors I could actually say that about. Seems like I dislike everyone on that show nowadays.

Bruce Murray I like too. I was introduced to him on Mike & Murray, previously on Sirius channel 123. I guess he was also previously on Sporting News Radio, prior to coming to Sirius.

So, if this show actually happens, I'm pretty excited about it.

16. goreds2

I used to Listen to Murray In The Morning on Sporting News Radio. That would be cool if Bruce Murray came to the MAD DOG channel.

Welcome to the ALL-NEW Murray in the Morning Website!

17. Ifandorbut

Every so often I will look into SFN, especially when the show is on hiatus, just to see what the hell is happening in the world of Stern. The people that post there seem to have a direct line into stuff that's happening all of the time. In any case, a poster over there overheard Chris Russo bagging on Stern's time off.

I didn't hear it. I was wondering if anyone out there happened to hear what Chris said.

Here's a link to the SFN thread in case anyone is interested.

Chris Maddog Russo comments on Howards schedule - SternFanNetwork

18. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Everytime I've heard Russo talk about Howard, it's been in a positive light. A caller will usually bring up Mad Dog's interview on the Stern Show from a few months ago, and he'll reply by saying how much he loved doing that "spot".

So if he was truly talking bad about Howard and his vacation schedule, it'd be a surprise to me. And I don't think Russo has much room to talk. He's been on Sirius/XM since September 15th (14 weeks if I'm counting correctly), and I know off-hand of two weeks that he's taken off so far. So he's not exactly setting the airwaves on fire with his attendance either.

19. JYJr

JYJr Member

If Mad Dog was talking bad about Howard's vacation schedule (and I doubt he was), the SFN posters would give him an award, since that is their favorite hobby.

20. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Just a heads-up for anyone interested, the show I mentioned in post #33 above (Bruce Murray and Bill Pidto) will begin next week on Mad Dog Radio. Looking forward to it.