Lynx daylight savings time

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Everything seems good on my end. Can't say yet how the 'fixes' are yet, but the time issue is in fact fixed. On demand, show finder, etc work fine, and so far are loading fast and seem better organized/updated.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
SXM_Help:

Will there possibly be a feature enhancement update around or after the holidays? I'm curious.

I'm sure you can't answer that definitively, I'm just wondering if the team is out to add more features down the line?

Personally, I think a video player would be a nice feature (one can already watch videos using the browser), why not locally from the SD card? I also noticed that one is able to download files (such as photos) from the browser, but with no way to view them...

-------------

Anyways, loving the new firmware update. Performance has definitely improved :bigthumbup:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Now my scheduled recordings isn't working- I can record via Recorded Shows & Radio Replays, but not with My Recorded Channels. Anyone else have this problem? I could probably fix it with a reset, but don't want to lose all my recordings :bigcry:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I haven't been using the record feature on my Lync since the update. Last night I decided to record late night chill while I was listening, and then set up to records H100 every mon-wed morning. I woke up, and chill was recorded fine since I started it as I was listening, but my HSS was not recorded at all. Gonna see if it shows up tomorrow, if not I'll reset and erase and see since I dont have anything else recorded to lose. I've been just using my SL2 and the ondemand to listen to what I want, but wanted to start switching over to lynx as my primary recording device. Looks like I'll have to wait.

I hope they also fix the recording issue where it stays on (the screen) during and after a recording. Very annoying. I wish I could 'sleep' the screen while docked if I am going to bed but want it to stay on or if I want to go to sleep and don't want the room lit up. Hopefully with another update this can be addressed.

I am also still confused as to why the 'my recorded shows' and 'my recorded channels' are so different. I understand that shows are stored when you select a show while listening and choose to record until 'end of show', but I wish this was the same across the board. HSS is not considered a 'show' I can selectt from show finder and record, it needs to be a set scheduled block of time, so it shows in my recorded channels. Also, the 'my favorites' or whatever is confusing too. I Set up HSS, Leo laporte, Back office radio, and Chill mornings as my favorites, and it notifies my I have '9 new shows' but selecting them from this menu just shows me the shows schedule, and does not bring me to their on demand listings or my recorded versions of them (if any). Very confusing and not easy to understand.

SXM_Help

May 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
SXM_Help:

Will there possibly be a feature enhancement update around or after the holidays? I'm curious.

I'm sure you can't answer that definitively, I'm just wondering if the team is out to add more features down the line?

Personally, I think a video player would be a nice feature (one can already watch videos using the browser), why not locally from the SD card? I also noticed that one is able to download files (such as photos) from the browser, but with no way to view them...

-------------

Anyways, loving the new firmware update. Performance has definitely improved :bigthumbup:

No plans as of just yet! We appreciate your feedback and we will pass your comments along to our engineers for consideration.

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team

SXM_Help

May 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
Mike - Are you still having issues?

Grupsaar - We appreciate the feedback and we will share it with our engineers. Please keep us posted on any recording issues.

Thanks!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Mike - Are you still having issues?

Grupsaar - We appreciate the feedback and we will share it with our engineers. Please keep us posted on any recording issues.

Thanks!
Yes, Lynx still won't record any scheduled shows. Also we lost our back(Previous channel) button on the satellite side. In the August update, the weather logo was removed and replaced with the back button. The weather logo is back now.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Starting today, mine won't record any scheduled channels either. It will only record if I select the record button while I'm listening live.

If there is a fix, please post it. Thanks.
Got a phone call from a helpful dude in CS today about this issue. Can't give any ETA, but we got the ball rolling.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You the man! Well, and SXM_Help. I told ya, these are the people to talk to when you need something. They may not have an instant answer, but they do a great job getting the ball rolling.

Thanks again Mike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
You the man! Well, and SXM_Help. I told ya, these are the people to talk to when you need something. They may not have an instant answer, but they do a great job getting the ball rolling.

Thanks again Mike.

The man who called me was from Corporate Customer Relations and offered me a new radio. I didn't really see the need for it though considering the problems are not exclusive to my radio. I am sending a detailed report of issues- anyone with Lynx problems, please post them here so I can inform the engineers of what we need fixed.

wpicha

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Mike - Here is my list:
My unit does not retain the brightness settings. I have the automatic setting turned off, and sometimes the screen is dark and other times it is at full brightness. It doesn't seem to matter what dock it is in, or if it has been power cycled or is coming out of sleep mode.

Cannot schedule any recordings since the latest patch to fix the DST issue.

It sometimes looks for wireless even though I the wireless turned off.

What a buggy piece of junk the Lynx has turned out to be. I had a Starmate 2 for years, and I waited and waited for this radio to be released. I ordered it the first day it was available, and I it's been tempermental since day one. OK, I'm done ranting.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Mike - Here is my list:
My unit does not retain the brightness settings. I have the automatic setting turned off, and sometimes the screen is dark and other times it is at full brightness. It doesn't seem to matter what dock it is in, or if it has been power cycled or is coming out of sleep mode.

Cannot schedule any recordings since the latest patch to fix the DST issue.

It sometimes looks for wireless even though I the wireless turned off.

What a buggy piece of junk the Lynx has turned out to be. I had a Starmate 2 for years, and I waited and waited for this radio to be released. I ordered it the first day it was available, and I it's been tempermental since day one. OK, I'm done ranting.
Thanks for the feedback- this will be included in my report

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I don't really record, so I haven't run into many of the problems. You have, but I've been traveling during the week lately and have been living off of replays. Sometimes they will have momentary drop outs in sound every 10 minutes or so, sometimes it plays back perfectly. I don't think it's a reception issue since I store the replays in my home dock where I get good reception.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I don't really record, so I haven't run into many of the problems. You have, but I've been traveling during the week lately and have been living off of replays. Sometimes they will have momentary drop outs in sound every 10 minutes or so, sometimes it plays back perfectly. I don't think it's a reception issue since I store the replays in my home dock where I get good reception.

I've noticed that too. Let's chalk that up to Internal Memory Errors. I will wait and file my report tomorrow as feedback keeps rolling in. Thanks Hec, Lynx owners please don't hesitate to post your concerns.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I have also noticed drops in audio, although this has been happening since I got it. Only on Wifi side though, (I think). If I am listening to ondemand content, this does not happen, but if I pause live content on Wifi and listen, a few seconds will drop out and then resume. This also happens if I use start now to start a show from hours ago.

I can safely report my recording working fine still. I had my Lynx out of the dock last night and it alerted me I had a scheduled recording at 11 PM and to put it in the dock. I did, and it recorded Chill just fine. I didn't remember doing anything special, like taking it out of wifi mode, turning wifi off, or anything. I've even been listening via wifi with it docked, and it will still record just fine via satellite as long as it is docked. Strange that only some units seem to have this issue.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
On a similar note, even though this is not talked about or recommended by SXM, maybe these updates made the unit go kablooey much like updates or rom changes on an android makes my phone go strange sometimes. The way I solve this problem is either:
A) reset and erase everything via recovery, or
B)wipe cache partition via recovery

Both of these options are available via the Lynx if you hold down volume up and power when powering the unit on (or maybe its volume down and power...its one or the other, one makes it go to recovery, the other makes it just have a blank screen until you pull the battery)

Since I am not having this issue, I say maybe try wiping the cache. You can select to not wipe the recording cache partition if you do not want to lose recordings.