Love getting booted again.

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by i-l-l, Dec 5, 2008.

1. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

As much as I disagree with this, I jumped over to XM's site. It's no mention of any channels getting replaced over there. If Sirius Love continues on XM while Sirius listeners are stuck with Christmas music, then this is just a slap to the face.

:mad:

2. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Since when is Radio Hanukkah “Christmas Music� And it’s only for the eight days of Hanukkah, not till the end of the year as the OP stated. I mean, the Christians get three or four channels for over a month for their holiday music, and we Jews only get eight days. Would you rather they reduce the bandwidth on all the channels to fit these in? Now what are you complaining about again?

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

At least it's not for 3 months, 6 months, or a year. :shock:

Btw, Sirius XM Love is vastly improved since the merger, in my opinion. It seems like they have picked up some of the slack from the loss of Movin' EZ.

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I was sort of thinking they were picking up more songs from Starlite more than Moving EZ. But you are correct it has greatly improved.

5. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I knew well in advance that Radio Hanukkah was coming this year and as kc1ih said, it's only going to be up for about a week. I have to wait until the end of January for my beloved Bridge, I'm sure you can wait until the end of Hanukkah for your Sirius Love.

6. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

I am kind of excited to hear radio Hanukkah. We've never had it before, so its kind of exciting.

7. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

I hear it’s primarily not religious, but has a lot to do with Jewish culture, and that a lot of gentiles (non-Jews) enjoy the channel too. I haven’t heard it either, and am looking forward to doing so.

8. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

I was just thinking the same thing this morning. I was actually going to post here that it's become eerily reminiscent of Movin' EZ, so much so that I really don't miss the station nearly as much anymore. The only thing that's missing is that sing song, "Movin' Eeee Zeee" ID at times. Other than that, it looks like Movin' EZ did wind up surviving the merger to some extent.

I can go without the station for 8 days though. That's not bad. Great channel though.

Aaron likes this.
  9. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

I kinda miss the old Love. That was in the my top 5 channels. I'm still kind of sore that none of the artist seeks work on that channel.

and I'm not hating on the holiday or whatever. I'm trying to figure out if this is a Sirius only thing and XM continues to get Love. Still nothing mentioned on XM's site, but I wouldn't really trust XM's webmaster

10. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

XM had the Hanukkah channel last year. Not too bad, IMHO.

The Blend/Love combo has been getting a lot of listening time from me. I have found myself not missing Moving Easy. Excellent job.

11. deedee

deedee Active Member

First I have to say that I believe that "Radio Hanukkah" should have a place to be heard and I have to say that it's about time. I remember that there were questions why Sirius didn't play any Hunukkah songs so I really am happy for the music being played so that all Religion"s have a chance to enjoy their songs.

Now just one thing speaking for myself the only station that I was totally into until the "Bridge" comes home was "Love".

I have a feeling that I seem to always pick the wrong stations to listen to.

One day I just know that I will pick the right one, I believe, I believe, I believe. :idunno:

diane

12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Hey Diane, I agree with you, I think having Love on hiatus for this couple of weeks will be okay. But I am so looking forward to next year, when all the holiday channels and single artist channels go bye bye and we get our beloved "The Bridge" back!

I have to say that Sirius XM is doing a great job with Sirius Love though, the playlist is so much better and now that they've added a touch of Starlight and Moving EZ it is hard to stop listening. It has become a quick favorite for me!

13. siriusdude

siriusdude Member

While I would rather not lose Sirius Love for even 8 days I will deal. At least it isn't for 2 or months for some awful single artist channel.

As others have mentioned I like what they have done to Sirius Love since the merger. The expanded playlist is helping ease the loss of Movin Easy, which I still miss. Sirius Love is now one of my favotite staions and gets a fair amount of play from me. Far more than it did before the merger. That is why I will sorely miss it for those long 8 days.

14. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

you guys jinx'd it
    ugh

why can't they kill the blend instead

15. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

Typical Sirius.. showing their subscribers no Love...

16. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

If you didn't noticed the BOLD, XM 31 isn't Love's channel on XM. Unless this was a typo on the PR, XM subs will still get Love while Sirius listeners are shut out. This was the reason I made this thread to start. It wasn't a mention of Love getting the boot on XM during Christmas.

I think it would be wiser just to can the Sirius sub and get a XM sub at this point.

17. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

XM can shuffle channels around easier than Sirius can. That is probably the reason for the loss of a channel on Sirius and not XM.

18. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Yes...XM manages to make changes to channel names, add/remove channels, etc. on the fly. It is more of a major production with Sirius. It usually involves some sort of update which tends to cause problems for some. Whatever XM does seems to work in the background.

19. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

I think the XM Love will go bye bye too because they'll use that bandwidth for channel 31, like they're taking the bandwidth from the Folk channel on 15 for one of the Christmas channels (I forget which) which are in the 30s.

But for God's sake, why another one of these stupid single-artist channels? :bigahh:

(That smiley scared the crap out of me when I went to post this, so I figured I'd use it.)

20. deedee

deedee Active Member

I could not help but laugh when I also saw the "line up" putting ABBA back on.

Words are now getting a little hard to come by but I will take your "Jinx'd and add my Spell" to it.

Oh I just love this "Merry-Go-Round" ( gotta laugh ) :rofl:

diane