Looking forward to the new year...

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Aaron, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

December is one of my favorite months; I love the Holidays! :xmas:

But as a music lover and subscriber (of Sirius), I am looking forward to the new year already. January should see the return of The Bridge (keep your fingers crossed), Boneyard, Cinemagic, Sirius XM Love, and Sirius XM Pops.

I can't wait to finally hear Cinemagic! I've been interested in that one for a while now. And I'm wondering how Boneyard will differ from Buzzsaw... been missing that channel lately.

Any other programming changes expected early in the new year?

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I agree it will be nice to finally get these channels back. I just hope they finally realize using the Bridge as one of their throw away channels is just not acceptable.

Sirius XM Love has already grown on me after the channel merger, but mainly because of the fact that they took music from both Starlite and Moving EZ, so it has a really deep but hits based playlist which is great.

Cingemagic is one of those channels you can take in doses, previously this channel just didn't have enough content and you generally heard repeats too often. So it isn't a channel that you can listen too for hours and hours and days and day unending unless you like repeats. Maybe they will improve this situation too. However, it is a fun channel and one that I am glad to see Sirius finally has on its side.

The Bonyard/Buzzsaw thing is going to be interesting to see how it pans out. I am excited to see what they end up doing.

The only other changes I suspect that are coming is we will likely see the merger of many of the like talk and entertainment channels. What we won't see is the merger of sports and are all high profile talk channels as they will save those for the Best of Packages.

3. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

I agree that it will great to have the Boneyard Back along with hopefully baseball. Personally I hope the Boneyard stays true to its XM form by playing the newer stuff from Rush ACDC and others.

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

What channel do we get back when they end E-Street Radio?...:right:

:)

5. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

They won't, probably

6. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I'm looking forward to the return of my beloved Bridge.

I'm also waiting patiently for the new Boneyard channel and how it plays out. I'm also curious about Cinemagic.

7. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a stock price of .14/share (pretty much valueless) dont expect them to get rid of ANY payola channels.

8. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Your going to love Cinemagic. I miss it. True, it had repeats, but to hear clips of Big Lebowski tucked in between music from the movie is fantastic.

9. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I always liked listening to Cinemagic while going to sleep. (Set the sleep timer on the MyFi)

I currently tune to XM Channel 72 (SPA).

Cinemagic also has cool Halloween specials.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  10. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I also use Spa to fall asleep to, as well as Chill 35 on Sirius.

Good to see an XMer uses Spa also. It's great for night time listening.