Listening to Bubba on Terrestrial

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by ClubSteeler, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Finally something worth listening to. Best regular radio I've heard since Howard left.

One thing that surprised me... What exactly is Bubba's new deal with Sirius? Is he still doing a "NEW" afternoon show?

I ask because Bubba just briefly went into a quick summary of his career, and listed every station he worked for until now... just to fill in his new listeners. And he made a comment about Sirius, something like:

Now we've been on Sirius for a few years, and I hate to rehash our whole history again because all of the Sirius listeners have already been through this, and when they listen later are going to be bored with it....

So the Sirius afternoon show is simply a replay of the terrestrial show?

2. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I agree what you said about the quality of the FM show, and yes, you heard correctly about the deal with Sirius...

3. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

So it is going to be a replay of the fm show,that kinda sucks!I like it un-censored,what would be the point?

4. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

The FM show is one of the best terrestrial shows out there. At least now I can listen in the morning on WRXK's stream. All of the other affiliates are Cox stations which only stream at 20 kbps, but WRXK streams at 48 kbps, which sounds a lot better. It does suck that the 101 show is just a rehash of the FM show though. No uncensored afternoon show on 101 anymore. At least Jay Thomas is uncensored on Stars Too.

5. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Not only is it strange to hear him skirt around certain language, but all the lyrics in Ned's songs are bleeped out. Plus, we have to deal with stuff like "Oops, I'm late for a break." and a few commercial breaks an hour.

It is nice to have some good ole wars again. He's already calling out his top competition in Miami and Ft Myers, and callers are telling him what their saying about Bubba. The war is on.

6. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Yeah, the K-Rock stream sounds great.

7. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

I do like that part about his show. It's like old school Howard again. Has he mentioned MJ yet?

8. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Just in passing. There may be a court date with him in a few months.

9. hank-the-dwarf

So there is going to be a censored show on 101?

10. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

He's laying into MJ right now..

11. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

If the 101 show is just a replay, I think that's a shame. We'll lose all of the great nationwide callers, FTEs, Canadians, and all that. The live show is only heard in 6 cities, and outside of Florida only heard in Richmond, VA...

12. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Sirius should put the live show on 108 or 104.

13. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Where did this info come from. I really can't believe they'd do this and think no one would notice or care.
    Shit, I could just listen to the FM stream in the morning rather than waiting until the afternoon. :()

14. hank-the-dwarf

I thought they were gonna maybe record an uncensored show from like 10 to 2 then air it on 101 at 3.A replay of the fm show would suck,I might as well re-cancel sirius!!!

15. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

You could be right. I don't know. Bubba did ask the guys when they would workout because "with their new schedule, they wouldn't have time to workout after the terrestrial show.".....

So......... They have something going on during the time between the FM and Sirius shows.

16. hank-the-dwarf

I sure hope so otherwise there is no reason to listen to the sirius show for me!

17. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Bubba just told Ned to watch his language so that the FCC doesn't fine them and get them fired....

Then he said, but don't worry, on friday's at 10am you'll be able to open up and speak freely.

So..... It appears, Mon-Thurs is a replay of terrestrial. Fridays at 10am is live and uncensored on Sirius...

18. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I sure hope not because thats bullshit if its true. a pre recorded unsensored show that airs at 3 I can live with but a repeat of the am show is BULLSHIT. I don't think as many people would have stood behind him if they knew that in the first place.

19. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

I agree with Chob... If they are replaying the show, they need to simulcast the live show for the hardcore fans on another channel.

But.... Then that's in direct competition with Howard. But who cares? Satellite is not driven by ratings. A subscriber is a subscriber. Sirius doesn't care whether you like Howard, Bubba, or anyone else, as long as you're paying your bill...

20. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Exactly, it shouldn't be an issue.