Lions game blacked out/thanksgiving too???

Discussion in 'NFL' started by TSSJimmyCoN, Nov 20, 2008.

1. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

Apparently the lions are facing their third blackout on local tv....surprise surprise, 6500 seats left. with the economy in detroit and the big 3 automakers not getting bailed out, looks like we can blame the detroit lions for this country going into a depression...

NOW...thanksgiving game could be blacked out if we don't sell 1000 tickets by monday??? If I come back to Detroit from Chicago and don't get to see the lions get stomped on by the titans after a 2 hour turkeybowl.....I will find matt millen and personally kick him in the nuts

2. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

Ya know, if Ford sold the Lions and used some of that money to bail out the company his granddaddy started, the world would be a better place. ;)

But, rules are rules. If I'm correct, the Lions must sell out 72 hours prior to any game they play on their home turf or the TV stations in Detroit, Toledo, Lansing and Flint/Tris must black out the game.

3. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

you are correct sir!

[​IMG]

4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

They're doing you a favor... you're better off without it on TV! ;)

5. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

I can't imagine thanksgiving without going to or watching the lions on tv....jerome bettis...I CALLED HEADS!!!
    [​IMG]

6. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I was at that game!

7. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

The blackout has been lifted in Detroit btw.

8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

What a disgrace that was!
    I hope they go winless... but they won't, they'll beat the Saints later this year. I feel it.

9. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

RIP Lions.

It was funny when the Tenn. coach challenged a call up 47-10 with 3 minutes to go. :hah:

10. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Lucky fans...the rest of us got stuck watching that abortion.

11. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

Lucky me, I only saw parts of the game and heard the (unfortunate) end on the radio while I was in Kentucky on Thanksgiving.

Even though my Dad's only 100 miles from Nashville, we're still Detroiters by heart.

Time to convert.

12. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

I fell asleep twice watching the game....when I woke up each time my nightmare hadn't ended