Library Play Order

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by pattere14, Dec 21, 2008.

1. pattere14

pattere14 New Member

Got the G2 yesterday and love it. One question: I am adding songs from my PC to the G2 using Real Player (since WMP is not recognizing the device) but the order of the songs on the G2 is not the album listing. I tried to re-ID the tracks by adding the track numbers before the song and this works but only until 9. 10 is listed after 1. Any ideas? I was thinking 01, 02, etc but that is kinda a pain. Thanks.

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I don't think you'll find very many of us using the device to store our own music. I can't really help you with that unfortunately.

I know the Sirius SL2 had this sort of issue too and never really worked correctly to keep songs in the proper album order.

3. pattere14

pattere14 New Member

play order

I figured. Since getting Sirius in 04, my CD buying has come to a halt. Now with Slacker, I expect even fewer CD buys but i do like to put an old one up from time to time. I think ill try the 01,02 plan and see if that works. Thanks anyway, DAB.

4. I don't transfer music from my PC either. I"m not clear on your question exactly, but.....if you go into G2 menu>settings>advanced settings>library view. This offers options on how to view your library like by songs, album, artist, etc. This is only with the latest firmware just released.

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Actually the option was always there you probably just never noticed it since you don't load your own music.

But what the OP want is to be able to load his songs and to have the show up in the list in the order in which they are presented on the album. Track 1, Track 2 etc. Like the SL2 on the Sirius side instead it just jumbles them up.

6. The issue sounds like a good question for Slacker chat.....

7. pattere14

pattere14 New Member

Heres what I did. Since i use Real Player. I inserted 01, 02, 03, etc before the actual song title. Then i copied the CD into the library and transfered to the G2. It worked well and load the songs in the proper order. Kind of a pain though to manually rename each track.

8. Yes that process seems like a real hassle. I'm glad I am not transferring my own music. Maybe you could suggest to Slacker support that they improve that issue in a future firmware update.

9. pattere14

pattere14 New Member

Will do. Thanks guys.