Let's talk wine...

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm drinking a bottle of Ball Buster:

It's "Tait Barossa Valley", not "taint". It's a blend of shiraz, cab and merlot. Great nose, mouth feel and taste, but the finish is too buttery. Like licking a stick of butter.

I picked it up for cheap at Costco. It went well with leftover italian sausage/roasted red pepper/hot sauce pizza.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't know much about wine, either, except that I like it and I don't drink it as often as I would like. And I know that I like my wine like I like my women, robust and full of tannins. That's why I hang out at the tannin salon.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I don't know much about wine, either, except that I like it and I don't drink it as often as I would like. And I know that I like my wine like I like my women, robust and full of tannins. That's why I hang out at the tannin salon.

Next time go for something without a screw cap. It'll slow you down a bit.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
My cousin works at a winery. She gives me discounts on wine from there :)

Screw cap is better. If you eff things up like I do, you wind up pushing the cork into the bottle. Then you have to drink the whole thing :(

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2.0 :)

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Just had most of a bottle of $75 wine. A 2008 Ehlers Estate Merlot. It was good, but it was no Costco Ball Buster.

I used it to wash down some seared snapper, soba noodles, shrimp, Korean braised goat and dumplings, Wagyu pot roast with cornbread, fried pecan pie with cafe sua da ice cream and bourbon sauce. The single greatest meal of my life.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Just had most of a bottle of $75 wine. A 2008 Ehlers Estate Merlot. It was good, but it was no Costco Ball Buster.

I used it to wash down some seared snapper, soba noodles, shrimp, Korean braised goat and dumplings, Wagyu pot roast with cornbread, fried pecan pie with cafe sua da ice cream and bourbon sauce. The single greatest meal of my life.
I hate to say it, but...props. That's some spread.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I hate to say it, but...props. That's some spread.
All I did was pay for it. Chef Chris and his crew at Underbelly made it.

Everything was pitch perfect. The joint is lovely, and I ate it all in shorts, sandals and a geeky programmer joke t-shirt. It's all about the food there.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sounds like a hell of a meal! I just ate my weight in Indian food. Wine would have gone well with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Went back to the same place again tonight. Had a "tempranillo" for the first time. Delicious. Went great with:

crispy okra in caramelized fish sauce
seared snapper w/ soba noodles, arugula and shrimp
a salad of teardrop tomato, cucumber, feta, greens
Vietnamese style meatballs in fish sauce
seared ham on pimento cheese grits, with egg and red eye gravy
carpaccio of Wagyu tenderloin
Korean-style pork satay with cucumber salad and chive ash (they burn chives)
cucumber gazpacho, pickle, crème fraiche
sourdough bread with muscadine grape butter
Korean braised goat & dumplings
roasted pork, roasted pears, kale
cornbread
vinegar pie with salt brittle

Damn tasty. This place is gonna bankrupt me.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Reactions: HecticArt