Let's talk beer...

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This thread was inspired by a tailspin from another thread.

I thought it would be interesting to see what people drink (for real, and none of that pretentious shit you want to make us think you drink).

I'm a Yuengling guy myself. Why argue with the oldest brewery in the US. Right now I'm on a Premimium Light kick but enjoy the Lord Chesterfields on occassion.

Yuengling.bmp

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I can't drink beer without it triggering my gout :worried:

I'll have a rum (Piccadi) & coke :)
Posted via Mobile Device

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I can't drink beer without it triggering my gout :worried:

I'll have a rum (Piccadi) & coke :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a buddy in the same predicament. Too much uric acid, if I remember correctly. :spit:

That's a bummer.

I am not a fan of dark beer, I drink Michelob Ultra or Miller Lite.

I just had Mich Ultra for the first time the other day. I thought it was a decent very light beer but lacked substantial flavor. Now, Miller Lite Chill I could drink a few of.

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I pretty much stick with Bud Lite for the day to day with the occasional Shiner Bock.

I like to sample around though, too. We just returned from a Colorado / New Mexico vacation and picked up a case of New Belgium Flat Tire and Steamworks Brewery Steam Engine Lager - Good stuff.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
If it is at home I drink

or

or

If at a bar and they don't have either of those I drink Yuengling or a pale ale. If I am out in my area I can always find one of the Troegs above. I love that Yuengling opened a brewery in Orlando because now you can find it almost all over the eastern seaboard.

There's nothing better than a good nut brown ale or an unfiltered wheat ale.

If you can find some of the Ithaca beer you really need to try the Cascazilla or the Flower Power. They are amazing beers but you can't find them in my area. They recently raised their prices so the local distributors' distributor (it is amazing that distributors have distributors) stopped carrying them.

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Sam Adams. Why? Unlike other American beers, it has flavor.

Light beer is not "beer."

The Sam Adams Summer Ale is phenomenal! :egypt: :egypt:

I like most of their stuff. You ever hear of Sam Adams Utopias?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I love that Yuengling opened a brewery in Orlando because now you can find it almost all over the eastern seaboard.

I'm not sure how the Florida location works, but if you get a chance to visit, the fresh Lager is the absolute best beer you will ever drink...

I was fortunate enough to visit the Pottsville brewery (the original location). At the end of the tour, you get to sample 2 brews in the Yuengling drinking room. I had the Lager and it was like nectar from the gods. I never had, and probably never will, beer so freakin good - it was uber fresh and the temperature was exactly right. My god...I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I live not too far from Pottsville so I know what it is like fresh. I went to college (many years ago) about 30 minutes away so we were there quite often. I was visiting Orlando in the winter and was surprised to see it down there. Then I looked and, sure enough, they opened a brewery there.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
My favorite beers:

Wow, nice picks!

I like Guinness but only on special occassions - too filling for me. And I hear nothing but great things about Spaten - never had a chance to try it yet.

I never had Asahi but is it like Sapporo (another favorite)?

Ever try Chinese Tsing Tao?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Not a big beer-drinker myself (and I'm Irish, go figure...). I usually opt for liquor, vodka and tequila being preferable.

When I am in the mood for a beer and I find myself at a bar, I'll order the occassional Blue Moon with the orange garnish. Shiner is a locally-brewed beer here in Texas and their Hefeweizen is pretty good. I can drink just about any domestic.

blue-moon-pale-ale.jpg
Shiner%20bottles.gif

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Not a big beer-drinker myself (and I'm Irish, go figure...). I usually opt for liquor, vodka and tequila being preferable.

When I am in the mood for a beer and I find myself at a bar, I'll order the occassional Blue Moon with the orange garnish. Shiner is a locally-brewed beer here in Texas and their Hefeweizen is pretty good. I can drink just about any domestic.

I buddy of mine brought up that Shiner's on New Years - now THAT is some tasty stuff! I think we polished off a whole case; I like how the history of the brewery is on the box (IIRC).

And surprising, for a domestic beer, Blue Moon is very tasty. Who'da thunk.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I buddy of mine brought up that Shiner's on New Years - now THAT is some tasty stuff! I think we polished off a whole case; I like how the history of the brewery is on the box (IIRC).

If you're ever in the Houston/San Antonio/Austin area, I recommend making the short trip to Shiner, TX and checking out their brewery. It's a pretty fun experience, especially if you really like your beer (uhhh...free samples!) Shiner.com