Let's hope this does not happen...

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by HomieG, Dec 31, 2008.

1. HomieG

HomieG Member

2. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I don't think I trust any article about stocks whatsoever. There are always personal motives behind them either way.

3. HCLogo

HCLogo Member

So help me if something happened to Sirius right after I've invested in the equipment I'll freak out :p

That happened to me when I bought all the hacked directv stuff and a card programmer; all of a sudden directv changed the cards they used and all my stuff was useless.

4. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Even if something happens to the company it will just be different management running the service. But even on the rare chance that happens the service will remain and your products will still provide it to you.

5. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

I agree 100%.

Keep in mind everybody that things aren't always what they seem. Just because things may look or sound bad, doesn't mean they are.

I think everyone's view is a little tainted right now especially with the economic turmoil.

Give it a few months, or better yet, a quarter or two.

6. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

I read this and thought, how out of touch do you have to be?

"Sirius XM isn't closing in on 20 million subscribers -- and Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) hasn't moved even more iPods -- because terrestrial radio is doing a banner job in providing the music and talk that consumers want to hear. Sorry, Wilson. I can appreciate anyone willing to think outside of the box, but some ideas are better left all boxed up."

:hah: "A banner job"?

7. SSF

SSF Member

You know, the company is having financial difficulty but it's a direct reflection of our national economy issues. Sirius XM offers one of the most solid entertainment products available to US Consumers. They have one of the largest music libraries and some of the best Talk radio you could ever wish to have on commercial radio.

8. SSF

SSF Member

Oh, and I should add that even if the company performs a reverse spit this is again not a reflection of mismanagement but the economic issues in general. I own plenty of SIRI stock and intend to keep buying.

9. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Karma.:lol:

10. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

I think he's saying that there wouldn't be 20 million + subs and zillions of iPods sold IF testicle-less radio was doing a banner job... They have driven people to these other services.

11. HCLogo

HCLogo Member

Haha so true. I guess I had it coming to me :eek:

12. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

13. snakester

snakester Member

Stories like this scare me. There's a reason I haven't invested in the equipment to interface with my Delco factory stereo yet. I figure if anything bad happens, it'll happen by the time I get my tax return, and if it's still what it is today by then, I'll take that money and put it into the hardware. Otherwise, it's Slacker Portable and a PIE adapter with that money.