Let's be real, Tim S. not giving bubba a 10a-2p slot also caused this situation

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
its been said, they dont mind doing 8 hours straight through. but the 4 hour break in between was brutal. which is why we're getting a friday live show. I woulnd't have minded them shaking up the program lineup so that bubba could either air live on H100 after howard went off (which would kill the WUS), or they could have put him on H101 and delayed the replay somehow.

discuss

Reactions: Chob

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I don't think they feel the 10AM Howard show on 101 is part of the replays. I'm pretty sure they refer to it as the "West Coast Feed". Now it may be just semantics to us, but in context, I can see where they would be more worried about pissing off drive time customers in the second largest radio market in the US, as opposed to simply delaying a "replay" schedule.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
That is a big part of things, but we still don't know nor will probably ever know what is a reasonable amount of money to pay Bubba for this. Maybe SIRIUS really can't afford what Bubba would need to re-up. And really SIRIUS XM nor any publicly traded company would go into negotiation details and explain their side of the story in a detailed way. I don't like that we only get HALF of the story.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
If they don't have the money, its not because of the economy. It's because they gave it away in buckets to people that don't deserve it. Then they bet that Bubba would fail on Testicle-less radio and need them even more. He called that bluff and now he's got Sirius syndicating his FM show.

They did what was best for everyone involved... except for the listeners...

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
If they don't have the money, its not because of the economy. It's because they gave it away in buckets to people that don't deserve it. Then they bet that Bubba would fail on Testicle-less radio and need them even more. He called that bluff and now he's got Sirius syndicating his FM show.

They did what was best for everyone involved... except for the listeners...

True, I agree and if I was a Bubba fan I'd be pissed. But whattayagonnado?

At least people are pissed about something legit for once. Maybe we won't have to listen to silly complaints about not working Fridays or Beth booking gues . . . oops! . . . Nevermind.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
True, I agree and if I was a Bubba fan I'd be pissed. But whattayagonnado?

I'll just let it fester until they do something else stupid to piss me off and then I'll probably go ballistic. The usual...

How can Howard talk about never wanting to return to testicle-less radio, and then bring that to his channels? It's not just Bubba fans that should be offended...

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I'll just let it fester until they do something else stupid to piss me off and then I'll probably go ballistic. The usual...

How can Howard talk about never wanting to return to testicle-less radio, and then bring that to his channels? It's not just Bubba fans that should be offended...

this is the question I want posed to howard. but the idiots that called his show today were too befuddled to get this point across.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
this is the question I want posed to howard. but the idiots that called his show today were too befuddled to get this point across.

Heh - because those with half a brain are posting on forums instead. Only the weak minded have time to sit on hold for hours :D

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
Bubba should be live on another Sirius channel in the morning, use his old timeslot for some new talent.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
So how is Howard101 any different than Martha, Oprah, or Eminem's channels? They all took money for the use of their name but don't really do anything else for the channel.

How is this different than an investment agent giving your money to another investment agent to invest? They're letting FM provide their content that they give to us.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
So how is Howard101 any different than Martha, Oprah, or Eminem's channels? They all took money for the use of their name but don't really do anything else for the channel.

How is this different than an investment agent giving your money to another investment agent to invest? They're letting FM provide their content that they give to us.

For the most part I agree with you, however Howard 101 does still feature Scott Ferrell along with other shows such as the one featuring Artie's future replacement, the person Artie replaced(chair wise), and a smattering of elevated wack packers and interns with their very own hour long programs.

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
I'm with you on that. I would guess that's what Bubba wants too.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. As much as I love the old show, we need to face the reality of today. We're going to get the terrestrial show and either like it or find something else.

I was really disappointed in what I heard yesterday. First, it wasn't the show that I've grown to love. Two, it was a rehash stuff that I've heard so many times already that I found myself tuning out. Although I can understand the getting up to speed aspects of the new listeners and all, it just isn't my cup of tea. Third, the replay aspect of the show kills some of the freshness, and in my opinion the fan interaction with the show (either real or perceived).

What I would of like to see happen if this was the only reasonable choice:
1. Put bubba on another channel. We can't realistically expect Howard, Sirius, Tim, or whoever else is getting the blame this hour to juggle the entire lineup because it isn't convenient for Bubba.

2. Play the show in Realtime. I understand that due to commercials, and other aspects some things will not sync up perfectly. but with creative delays, some music beds, intros, etc it shouldn't be all that hard to work out. After all it is done every day with out syndicated programming that is aired. This would also help in keeping the Sirius peeps involved with the show.

3. Maybe do an O&A type "gimmick" and provide an hour or so additional content to the Sirius folks in an uncensored format on a daily basis, instead of a once a week on Friday. Waiting a whole week to hear uncensored Bubba content is just a little to much.

I've listened to the show today... and while still different from what I'm use to, and a touching a little more then usual on the local aspects of the show, it hasn't been all that bad. Maybe it will grow on me even more, and keep me tuned in, time will tell I guess.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I agree with this wholeheartedly. As much as I love the old show, we need to face the reality of today. We're going to get the terrestrial show and either like it or find something else.

I was really disappointed in what I heard yesterday. First, it wasn't the show that I've grown to love. Two, it was a rehash stuff that I've heard so many times already that I found myself tuning out. Although I can understand the getting up to speed aspects of the new listeners and all, it just isn't my cup of tea. Third, the replay aspect of the show kills some of the freshness, and in my opinion the fan interaction with the show (either real or perceived).

What I would of like to see happen if this was the only reasonable choice:
1. Put bubba on another channel. We can't realistically expect Howard, Sirius, Tim, or whoever else is getting the blame this hour to juggle the entire lineup because it isn't convenient for Bubba.

2. Play the show in Realtime. I understand that due to commercials, and other aspects some things will not sync up perfectly. but with creative delays, some music beds, intros, etc it shouldn't be all that hard to work out. After all it is done every day with out syndicated programming that is aired. This would also help in keeping the Sirius peeps involved with the show.

3. Maybe do an O&A type "gimmick" and provide an hour or so additional content to the Sirius folks in an uncensored format on a daily basis, instead of a once a week on Friday. Waiting a whole week to hear uncensored Bubba content is just a little to much.

I've listened to the show today... and while still different from what I'm use to, and a touching a little more then usual on the local aspects of the show, it hasn't been all that bad. Maybe it will grow on me even more, and keep me tuned in, time will tell I guess.

I love your ideas. since we're not gonna get a full uncensored show, an hour or two extra uncensored content daily would be welcome. I think its a hell of an idea, and a compromise on both ends. bubba's still working less than he did last year, and sirius still gets some exclusive contract. and since sirius didn't show bubba the money, they're getting less exclusive content than before.

btw, today's show was much better than that horse sh*t they had yesterday afternoon. esp tucker carlson segment.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I love your ideas. since we're not gonna get a full uncensored show, an hour or two extra uncensored content daily would be welcome. I think its a hell of an idea, and a compromise on both ends. bubba's still working less than he did last year, and sirius still gets some exclusive contract. and since sirius didn't show bubba the money, they're getting less exclusive content than before.

btw, today's show was much better than that horse sh*t they had yesterday afternoon. esp tucker carlson segment.

I agree. Todays show was pretty cool, especially cuz it felt like he was talking to us (Satellite) and not them (FM kids).