Let Congress know you support the auto industry!

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by summejs, Dec 8, 2008.

1. summejs

summejs New Member

Facts About the Auto Crisis - GM Facts and Fiction

Here is the link if anyone is interested to send a letter to your congressman. They fill it out for you, you just have to enter your name, state, etc.

I thought everyone at the banquet Friday did an AWESOME job of letting their support be known, I especially liked Burton's comments! I also read Brian France wrote Congress to let their support be known as well. Having a father who's worked at GM for the past 40 years, this hits very close to home. I can't imagine the devastation it would cause if any one of the big 3 would fall. So, I thought I'd make it easy for those who wish to let their support be known.

Here's the article about Brian France contacting Congress:
    NASCAR.COM - France writes Congress*in support of automakers - Dec 7, 2008

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  2. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

There needs to be major changes before they get a bailout. They screwed up with AIG and I dont think they will do that again. Not without changes.

3. Ruaidh

Ruaidh Member

The best thing that could happen to the auto industry is Chapter 11.

They are all too big for their britches and need to knocked down a peg or two.

4. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

No company or companies should ever be allowed to get big enough to cripple a nation with their actions! Russian Roulette anyone?

5. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Well-Known Member

Sorry, but i never trust a myth vs fact story when the "facts" are presented by a very biased source.

One thing that caught my eye was the mention of the Pontiac Vibe sales this year are up by 35%. I own a vibe and not many people know that the vibe is actually built by Toyota. It's a sister car to the Toyota Matrix. Same engine, same transmission, same seats, etc. I bought the vibe instead of the matrix because the vibe was 2k cheaper and had a longer warranty, FOR THE SAME CAR.

additional reference.
    Pontiac Vibe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia