"Last edited by" in posts.

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by Evil_Ernie, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Is it possible to make the time to edit posts a little longer before the "Last edited by" notiification comes up? It appears to be set for 1 minute now...I think 5 minutes would be better. :)

2. MM

MM Administrator

Let me take a look.

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I agree, it drives me nuts because I often post and then remember to go back and proof read. Most all my post have that edited designation.

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

WTF?...:scratch:

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Looks like 3min...:)

6. MM

MM Administrator

You're good. ;)

7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I often have to edit my message also, but to be honest I don't like the 3 minute rule. I have no problem just going back and fixing couple little items, instead of waiting for 3 minutes.

8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'm looking at a few of my recent posts from earlier today, I do not see an edit button at all. :idunno:

The way you had it set since the forum started was fine by me.

semipenguin likes this.
  9. dlynx

dlynx Member

Aaron, should be to the left of the quote button for your posts.

Wolf, you don't have to wait to do an edit... The only thing is, if you do it after the specified time, it will show a "Last edited message" at the bottom of the post letting people know you made a change.

10. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

It's not there.
    Am I the only one without an edit button? lol

Edit: posted this at 9:31, immediately saw an edit button, will revisit in a few minutes and see if edit button is still there.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  11. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Something seems to have been changed. It only allows you to edit a post for 3 minutes...after that, it now locks you out from editing it.

12. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

9:36 - edit button is gone on my previous post.
    Can we go back to 24 hours for editing posts?

13. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I waited about 8 or 9 min to edit my first post on this thread. I guess if you don't refresh the page your edit button will still be there. I was able to open the edit screen, but not complete the edit...:shock:

14. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I realize the last edited message at the bottom of the message I posted. But I wanted to change something in one of my post earlier and it said I had to wait 3 minutes, which I didn't like. Also right now I see an edit button, but it not showing in any of my old post. Is there a time limit now?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yes it appears that when MM changed this to 3 minutes it allows 3 minutes for editing then doesn't allow editing at all. I can still edit as a moderator. We'll have to change this back!

16. MM

MM Administrator

Hey guys, I changed the wrong setting. :eek:mfg:

I changed it back to zero.

I found out and understand what EE was talking about. Maybe I was out of it yesterday.

Right now, the setting is set to 1 minute for the "last edited by." If you edit under 1 minute, you will NOT see that. If you edit after 1 minute, you will set it.

Sorry for the confusion and brain fart. :)

17. Evil_Ernie

That's the one that needs to be set for a little longer. 1 minute is too short. :)

18. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I need a 48 hour edit rule for beer days.

19. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

My vote is for at least 5 minutes. I can't type that fast.

20. Evil_Ernie

I agree, 5 minutes is plenty of time.

[​IMG]
    GIT-R-DONE! :D