Keep getting error message

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by phips25, Dec 20, 2008.

1. phips25

phips25 New Member

Ok. Let me start from the begining. I have a Sl-100 that worked great till I dropped it on my coffee table from about 4 feet up causing the screen to crack. Well I bought a replacment off of ebay (yeah I know the risk). I keep having the dreaded error message return over and over again. It may last days or hours before I have to restore the unit. Does anyone have any sugestions on how to fix this or has anyone been able to seperate the screen sucsesfully so I might transfer it to my old one. Thanks for any help

Shawn

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

What error message are you getting? The non-fatal one or the one that requires a recovery? Have you done a device recovery?

It sounds like you have found the reason the e-bay seller was selling the SL100.

3. phips25

phips25 New Member

It is the one that I have to keep doing the recovery for. Yeah I know about ebay but I payed only a few bucks for it hoping I could fix the other one. It just does not make any sense how this would keep happening for no specific reason at all. Has anyone had luck seperating the screen?

4. SSF

SSF Member

Could you give me an update on this situation? I may be able to help you out. Send me a PM.