Just turned down Germany and Japan for my first tour.

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by MAJ Badmotherfarker, Dec 8, 2008.

1. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

The Army just called and told me they have Germany or Japan open for first tour (in addition to Washington, DC). I had to turn it down just because I can't see making that big of a jump right off. Yea, I might be an idiot. But, at least I will likely get that option again in 3 years.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Holding out for Iraq?

3. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Washington, DC area is already my main option. Either Bethesda, MD or FT. Detrick. It's a hard trade off. I can work at AFRRI (Armed forces radiobiology research institute) or USAMRIID (U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases). I've always wanted to do infectious disease research in the military, but FT. Detrick looks like it's up in the boonies of MD, whereas Bethesda is a few miles out of DC.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Cool.

Although I suppose the real reason for not going to Germany or Japan was the lack of satrad reception. :)

5. MAJ Badmotherfarker

And I hear they don't have the intrawebs over there either.

6. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

They do, but they're in a foreign language.

Bethesda is not a few miles out of DC. It is DC. It's DC's ballsack. Camp David is a few miles from DC. :)

You should do Germany or Japan. If you get a chance to experience a new country and Uncle Sam is paying for it, go for it!

7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I'm definitely going to go over seas at some point. Just thinking not on my first tour. It's only 3 years/tour so I can head over seas in 2011.

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

If BMF is going to be working with infectious diseases, I want him as far out in the boonies as possible.

9. MAJ Badmotherfarker

My army MOS is 71B, biochemist. Our focus is nuclear, chemical and biological warfare. That's what we do.

10. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

You should do a tour of Sweden...those Swedish chicks really put out. :D

11. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I don't think Sweden lets us do what we do up there (army-wise, not girl-wise). The research we do is limited to bases with high security and air flow control.

12. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Yeah, I don't want that AIDS crap again. :eek:

13. starmate

starmate Member

LOL:roflmao:

Ft. Detrick is about 5 miles from my house. I have some contract work I do there from time to time. Im convinced that they incinerate monkeys over there after all the bio testing that they do. There are some foul smells that come out of there.

FWIW downtown Frederick is nice .

14. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I would have to agree. I spent a few weeks there 4 years ago and had a B-L-A-S-T. They LOVE American men! They're all thin...no fatties in Sweden. If I was single, I'd move there in an instant.

15. MAJ Badmotherfarker

They absolutely do incinerate animals there.

The colonel emailed me back though and it's looking like Bethesda, MD. AFRRI for me starting in April.

16. bsummers12

bsummers12 Member

If it was me BMF, I would have chosen Germany. I was stationed there on Graf and had one helluva time. It is a beautiful country.

17. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

A big plus for BMF is that prostitution is legal there, and they give discounts to TV stars. He could just tell them he's Andy Roony, bang, 10% off!:cool:

18. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I'm planning on taking Germany either my next tour or the one after that. Definitely going there at some point.

19. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Why does this thread remind me of the opening scenes of "The Stand" by Stephen King?

20. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Don't insult him. He could never pass as Andy Rooney. Now Mickey, on the other hand...